 General / 46446
Re: How have the new colors affected your recent buying decisions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 05:04:16 GMT

In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford wrote:
In lugnet.general, Maggie Cambron wrote:
In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
The only downside is that you can't get the geeky linktogether carrying strap
that the UK guys got.

In case no one has mentioned, these are also now available through S@H (the
sets, that is, not the strap AFAIK).

I don't think it has been mentioned in this thread, so good to point out.

I'm trying to be really patient and not order that way.  Not for any reason
really except to support a local retailer who I know is getting them.  They have
treated me extremely nicely since discovering that I'm an adult builder.  I want
to return the kindness by spending money there when I can.  :)

Funny, I'm trying to make an effort *to* order from S@H rather than purchasing
LEGO, from Walmart especially, to try to cut out the middleman and support TLC.
(especially after reading the article Lar posted a while back in off-topic about
the effect of WM's tactics on companies who are bullied into providing their
product at prices so low that their financial stability is undermined).  I'm
down to only buying birdseed and rabbit food from WM and I hope to end that soon
too.  But, I digress....  :-)