 General / 46476
Re: How have the new colors affected your recent buying decisions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 18:08:00 GMT

In lugnet.general, William Lister wrote:
From the sounds of it many AFOLs agree with me and this may become a financial
disaster for TLC. Not only will TLC lose money from AFOLs, but we will no longer
be free advertising for TLC. Those of us like myself who are involved in Train
shows etc... are going to find it hard not to express our feelings about the new
grays.

I won't be telling people not to buy Megabloks anymore either. Who needs brand
loyalty when that brand has completely disregarded such a large and vocal part
of their customer base. They may say we are a small percentage of their
business, but not many companies would risk losing 5% of their customers on such
an unneccessary action. Especially when they are already financially troubled.
This color change has the potential to become a corporate killer and it amazing
to me that they don't seem to care. Backwards compatibility was one of those
core values TLC was supposed to be returning to, that must have slipped their
minds while they were out making the biggest corporate mistake since New Coke.

Former Loyal Customer and Now just a builder...

Will

Well said, Will.  Although I don't spend as much as you (maybe 50% of your
spending amounts), I agree with you on all points.  I'll buy the sets with the
original colours, but once they're gone, no more retail purchases for me.  The
upcoming castle sets don't interest me at all.

Another former loyal customer,

-Bryan