 General / 46328
Re: How have the new colors affected your recent buying decisions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 19:57:53 GMT

In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford wrote:

I'm just curious how this change is going to play out where it really matters
most... at the cash register.

   Well, I'm away from the US for the year, and LEGO
   is hideously expensive in the UK for an American.
   So the only thing I've bought since the mass of
   Hailfire Droids I got at Target clearance in January
   has been the new X-Pod set.  I did get the mini-ISD
   for the new 3x12 wedge plates, not realizing at the
   time that they were in the "new" grey (indeed the
   whole set is); had I known that, I would not have
   bought it.

   I have instead been spending loads on Bricklink,
   probably $1000 in the last six months.  As the
   prices of dark grey dip in response to clearances,
   maybe for the last time, I've had to take them up!

   all best

   LFB