 General / 46285
Re: How have the new colors affected your recent buying decisions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 22:39:07 GMT

I have not bought any 2004 sets yet, nor do I have any plans to do so.

since I heared of the colour change I have bought 2003 sets from Wallmart, TRU
and S@H, and I have placed some Bricklink orders (naturally with lots of grey
and brown peices), and placed some losing bids on e-bay.

I felt no need to purchase any 2004 sets to see the colour change, The pictures
on bricklink were enough for me. :(

I used to be more of a collector.  I have all but a couple of my childhood sets
together, (or packed away in their original boxes due to lack of space in my
room).  A while ago I decided to foccus my attention on just castle since it is
my all time favorite theme, and because of the lack of places to put anything.
This forced me to start designing more of my own moddels since there has not
been any castle set produced worth paying for in quite a while, (asside from the
blacsmith shop and legends of corse which I bought multiple copies of).  So now
I buy most of my lego sets just for the peices.

If TLC makes any new castle sets in the quality and style of the ones from the
80's, (which I doubt will happen for a long time considering the direction they
are hidden in) Then I probably would not be able to turn them down.  Otherwise I
can't see much reason for me to buy new Lego sets once the 2003 stock runs out.

So, Yes, the new colour changes have definitely affected my buying decisions.