 General / 46449
Re: How have the new colors affected your recent buying decisions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 05:12:49 GMT

In lugnet.general, Maggie Cambron wrote:
In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford wrote:
In lugnet.general, Maggie Cambron wrote:
In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
The only downside is that you can't get the geeky linktogether carrying strap
that the UK guys got.

In case no one has mentioned, these are also now available through S@H (the
sets, that is, not the strap AFAIK).

I don't think it has been mentioned in this thread, so good to point out.

I'm trying to be really patient and not order that way.  Not for any reason
really except to support a local retailer who I know is getting them.  They have
treated me extremely nicely since discovering that I'm an adult builder.  I want
to return the kindness by spending money there when I can.  :)

Funny, I'm trying to make an effort *to* order from S@H rather than purchasing
LEGO, from Walmart especially

In my case it's a mom-and-pop toy shop.  Very old school.  You go in and the
staff practically begs you to play with the toys or let them show you a magic
trick.  If you sing along to the chorus of the right song you even get candy.
It's a small part of our local tourist attractions/economy and a big part of our
downtown.  So I have no guilt shopping (for LEGO) there.  I only wish they would
get some better sales representation from the company.  I keep having to tell
them what's coming out and about things like the color change.  But that again
is another reason they're always happy to see me drop by on my lunch hour.

, to try to cut out the middleman and support TLC.
(especially after reading the article Lar posted a while back in off-topic about
the effect of WM's tactics on companies who are bullied into providing their
product at prices so low that their financial stability is undermined).

LUGNET still has an off-topic area?  I know better than to even go poking my
nose in there.  ;)

But I see your points and don't at all disagree with buying from Shop At Home.

Best regards,
Allan B.