 General / 46443
Re: How have the new colors affected your recent buying decisions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 04:32:18 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford wrote:
In lugnet.general, Pamela Hale wrote:
In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford wrote:
I'm just curious how this change is going to play out where it really matters
most... at the cash register.

Best regards,
Allan B.

This is something I've been debating about.  The only 2004 sets I've bought so
far are the x-pods.  They are just way too cool to pass up, new color or no.  I
have not integrated them into the rest of my collection though.  I've kind of
started a separate "x" collection. hehe

I've been bugging stores in my area to find out when these will be in stock.  So
far I'm being told April at the earliest.  I am giddy about these little things.
They just look like so much fun.

They are! (I got a set at Burlingon Mall in MA last week, and another red one
just last nite at Mall of America in MA)

Wouldn't it be nice if this became a strong seller.... even for a couple of
years?  Maybe some Bionicle-like sales figures.... only with system pieces
instead of theme specific parts.  I'm not knocking Bionicle (I own a few) but
rather I'm suggesting that wouldn't it just be nice for them to have a strong
seller like this that is selling that way just because it's a cool idea?

Am I crazy to think that kids will appreciate not only the 'kid' factor that has
been clearly built into them, but also the low price point?

Nope, you aren't.

I'm probably still crazy, but at least it's nice to see that kids are going to
enjoy these.  Oh, and probably some adults too.  ;)

Nik is agonising over whether to buy the set off me outright or wait till his
birthday in a month and I seriously think buying is going to win out.... the
entire set of 4 is under 15 bucks, with tax, in most US tax jurisdictions. Is
that cool or what.

Absolutely.  I think the price point is excellent.  From the pics I've seen the
pods themselves appear to be blister packed, was that the case when you found
them?  If so I think that is yet another point in their favor.  Easy to rack and
see in the stores.... therefore easier to sell.

The only downside is that you can't get the geeky linktogether carrying strap
that the UK guys got.

I saw that but forget what it was made of.  Was it some kind of cordura nylon or
something?  Could a person handy with a sewing machine make a substitute
version?

Best regards,
Allan B.