 Marketplace / Shopping / *839 (-100)
  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

(...) You can always use it again - either under your name or under someone else's. (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

Bwwwaaaaahhhhh! :-( I saw the UPS truck go down my street as I waited for my kindergartner to arrive, "oh good" I thought "my 6444s are here". I go home and sure enough a package is waiting for me. I pick it up, "awful light, must be another box (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

Since its the last day for the Flamingo world Coupon on KBKids ((URL) I decided to pick up a few sets. Had to do some dancing around thier system to get the best deals but i managed to get 5 outback airstrips (last in the stock acording to the site) (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  RE: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

no -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...net.com]On Behalf Of Mike Walsh Sent: Friday, October 08, 1999 6:47 AM To: lugnet.market.shoppi...ugnet.com; lugnet.trains@lugnet.com Subject: Re: Blue Hopper Car (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

Has anyone in the US actually received their Blue Hopper sets yet? Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com (URL) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

Simon said: (...) Thanks for the defense, Frank... My plan is to use these hoppers to accomplish two goals. I will sell enough off to pay for what I bought plus a little extra, but that should leave me with 20-30 to keep easily. I am also giving the (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

(...) Just got my 20 yesterday. I think that's about the quickest I've ever got something I ordered by mail using something other than over night shipping. Of course they ship from Roanoke VA which is about a 3hr drive from Raleigh. What's funny is (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

(...) In some ways it would be nice if Busy Bee discovered the internet... They probably should have sold the 4536s for a bit of a premium and captured some of the proffit, since after all, they're the ones who managed to dig them up. Of course (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

(...) That is a little sad... then again, since I couldn't really see myself building any, I didn't buy any. But I don't really see anything *wrong* with people who bought 30 and end up selling some to offset the cost of theirs. Now someone who (...) (25 years ago, 7-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

(...) Yeah I know, tried to upload the latest update and my web page server is down - damm you freebie sites! They are running out of loads of train stuff, they've just sold out of 4555 and 4552, 4525 is low - the end of an era. Pity about the (...) (25 years ago, 7-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

(...) I ordered a few yesterday. I noticed the curious spelling also (on the order confirmation email). Gonna be really strange if the box actually has the odd spelling on it ;) Anyone know where they ship from ? Ray (25 years ago, 7-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

soo.. ummm no one is interested in the new hasbro lego macro fig ? the link works now and is worth a laff anyway ... IMHO (...) (25 years ago, 7-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

I just placed an order with KBKIDS. The salesperson told me that the web site is in fact -more- up-to-date with the inventory than the salespeople. They are, in fact, sold out of the "Lego System Outback Airstrip." However, they do have an (...) (25 years ago, 7-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

Someone at TLG needs to wake up - this KB sale is proof of the power of AFOLs and the Internet - they went from unlimited # per order, to 6, to 2, in 2 days, because a few emails and newsgroup postings were exchanged. And, uh, TLG? The $300 on (...) (25 years ago, 7-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

Well now its says that they limit you can get is 2. So they must have found more. I had to add a tub to get free shipping. Darn. :) Patricia Schempp (25 years ago, 7-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

oops ... looks like the line wrap broke the link... well try selecting all the text of it and check it out ... worth the trip I think : )) (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

(...) The set I found interesting is the Amazon Anchient Ruins (URL) Is that a new mini-fig? heehee John (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

Well, I got 4, so I don't feel too bad. Tom, however... :) J/K It is a nice set, a good deal, good parts! Scott S. (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

Someone posted in RTL: You guys may be happy to know that 6444 is now listed as out of stock on the web page. However, if you call and talk to a sales rep, they can still find some at that price. Thank God for the old-fashioned alternative to (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

That's my fault ;-) While I was ordering mine, I emailed Lugnet/RTLers I knew would be interested in the set, so odds are they ordered a bunch too. I sure hope my 2nd order went through. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

I ordered 10 more earlier this morning, and it went through, no email denying it so far. So maybe they were running low, and set an arbitrary upper limit on the # of sets someone can order. Either that, or their website doesn't hook in with (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

Well, they had some great prices on decent older sets, and I took advantage of them. The UFO brand is one of the last good space sets, IMHO. Scott S. (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

(...) Oh well, I guess I missed out on getting a huge order. Did the 4 OA's for $31.44 and figured I would order 16 more with the 10% off coupon but never got around to it. Wonder if Lego Chess or Lego Loco are worth $15.xx, which seems to be what (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

The website now says that the set is out of stock... Naji (...) let (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

(...) The order rejection I received said the quantity limit was 6. My order for 6 was accepted.It's still possible I'll get an email telling me they are out of stock. Here's what they say in the email confirmation I received: Your order has been (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

Scott, (...) and had (...) Placed my original order yesterday afternoon around 3:00 pm EST. Other items on the order remain, but the entire order for Outback Airstrip was wiped out. Couldn't they have just reduced the quantity to an acceptable (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

Gene, I bought 4 of those last night, plus a whole bunch o others for parts, and had no problems. They might be running out! Scott S. (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

Tom, (...) Had my order for 20 rejected by KB... "quantity above limits." Figures. They finally sell something at a decent price, then don't want to let it go in any kind of volume. What's REALLY annoying is they didn't specify what an acceptable (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

(...) There now. And 3225s. Latest news is no more 4536s. (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Bad shipping experience from ToyTime

I just wanted to warn people about my slightly unpleasant experience ordering from ToyTime.com . Some of you have probably heard about their buy-one-get-one-free offer going on now, and I decided to take advantage of it to order a couple sets. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.shipping)

  KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)

Woohoo! This ROCKS, thanks. I ordered 20 of the 6444s, and with free shipping and the $10 coupon, it came to $197.20. Looks like I'll be Ebaying off some parts once I split most of these up. The problem is, there are so many pieces I want to keep (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 2150 at Busy Bee

They also have some 3225 in -- Please reply on medwards@ukonline.co.uk Home of the UK Technic Club Magazine Web site: (URL) models and going up Mike Walsh <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:FJ50AD.6L1@lugnet.com... (...) in. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  2150 at Busy Bee

I spoke with Busy Bee again today and they got a few 2150 Retrostations in. They were filling UK orders first followed by US orders. I am anxiously awaiting my Train Station. Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com (URL) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

Hi Greg, Pat Linnero posted a message to rtl and Lugnet on the 13th August about all the great sets that Busy Bee was possibly able to get. I must say that I was surprised by the lack of discussion this info generated, but probably everybody else (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: $10 off at ToysRUs.com

(...) I ordered Naboo Swamp, it came to about $4. Not a bad deal. LFB. (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Serv. Merch. sale

(...) And there was never any issue as to the number of buckets (back ordering or such). I'll let you know in 5-7 days if it shows up (the sale and free shipping go thru 17 October, I think). If I get them, I very well may be ordering more myself (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Serv. Merch. sale

(...) So do you think your order has been cancelled or are you sure it will go through? Heck, I'd order 22 of them for $180 right now. I might order twice that many. (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

(...) the list, must have been recent. (...) 2150's won't be long now I don't think. (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Serv. Merch. sale

(...) Here's my tale about the current Service Merchandise Sale: As above, I could not find any mention of a LEGO sale on the website, so I shot off an email to their sales department. In the meantime I jotted down the 1-888 number for mail order. I (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: $10 off at ToysRUs.com

(...) Yeah, this was actually posted here about a month ago but anyone who hasn't taken advantage of it should. Rachael and I have each ordered a Landspeeder - with tax and shipping it came to $0.73. (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  $10 off at ToysRUs.com

Thanks to dealnews.com for pointing this out... ToysRUs.com has a banner at the top of the home page: "Welcome to ToysRUs.com where you can find your favorite toys and games. You can start shopping now and we'll take $10 off your first order, or (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

Greg Kramer wrote in message ... (...) I found out about their existance quiye by accident. About a month ago I was trying to find a 4555 Freight Loading Station and happened upon this web page: (URL) I called Busy Bee I was informed that they (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

(...) A very small part of me wishes I had noticed this so I could pick up 4 or 5 of them, mainly for my own use. Then again, I've never quite gotten into the whole freight train thing, so I don't know what good these would do me with nothing but (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

Hello there I know that Busy Bee only order 300, I am a BB regular, they also be getting some 2150, 3225 in soon, i think they may be able to get more 4536, but that will have to wait. And i know that one person have order 200 of these hopper cars, (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Blue Hopper Car Mania...

So I know Busy Bee got in a lot (apparently several hundred) Blue Hopper Cars last week (or so)... and they're all gone now. I'm just curious about this phenomenon. Anyone know who found out first, and how? Who's our "patient zero" that started this (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Unique items at Disneyland Florida LEGO shop?

Huw Millington wrote in message ... (...) I was at the LEGO Imagination Center in Orlando (located in Downtown Disney in Lake Buena Vista) last Tuesday (I had to go to Orlando for work so might as well stop by). As was the case the last time I was (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Unique items at Disneyland Florida LEGO shop?

A friend is visiting Florida soon. Is there any items available in the LEGO shop at Disneyland that I should ask him to look out for? Huw (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Stone Tower Bridge at Wal-Mart for $30

FYI: I was at Wal-Mart today and found Stone Tower Bridge (6089) marked down to $30. Good thing I'm tall so I could reach off the tippy tippy top. <g> Brian (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: WalMart prices... (FOTW part II)

(...) This is definitely the case. I posted a while back about Planetary Prowler (6919) at $10.50 and Celestial Stinger (6969) at $12.50, and I'd bought four of the former thinking that an incredible deal, but on Thursday I returned to the same (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Serv. Merch. sale

Darn, that's annoying. sorry. I just flipped through the whole flyer and can't find instructions for inputting any sale code, but every page has their blaring URL... My best guess would be: FF409 that seems to be the flyer number. else call (...) (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Serv. Merch. sale

Hmm, I see nothing at all on the website about the sale, and when I put stuff in my Shopping Cart, it isn't discounting it. Is there some coupon code I need to use? (...) (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Serv. Merch. sale

Just got a flyer. Buy one, get one half price until Oct 17th. They remind us to, "shop online" at: (URL) here's a LEGO search: (URL) silver buckets, snow speeder free shipping on orders over $150 until Oct.7 -Suz. (25 years ago, 2-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Spielwaren Reimann?

Has anyone purchased LEGO from a German company by the name of Spielwaren Reimann ((URL) I traded some e-mail with them and learned that they wouldn't ship to the US but they will ship to Sweden (where I go periodically) or anywhere else in Europe. (...) (25 years ago, 2-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  New Items on The Vault: 10/1/99

There are lots new items on The Vault including the Velux Town House set, old and new Forestmen sets and several small sets. All Shell sets are now being clearanced with big savings! Other sets are also on sale. Comming soon will be train items, (...) (25 years ago, 2-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Lego in the UK

(...) Hey, Ben -- thanks for the heads up...I won't set my expectations too high (unlike my trip to Cincinnati earlier this week) I don't suppose you'll have a chance to check out the Kent province(Canterbury, Dover) anytime soon? :-) Paul, who is (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego in the UK

(...) Well I was recently there and checked out Cardiff and some of its surrounding areas and was pretty bummed out. Just a bunch of King Kahukas (why, I don't know). I thought I was onto a good thing - bummer. Ben (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Availability of New Train Sets

(...) LIC at Mall of America has them as well but that's it for retail. I HAVE seen 4561 at Target, though. (...) Or add them to the huge pile of stuff already in my basement that is yours but just hasn't been shipped yet because you keep getting (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

Grahame Reid wrote in message <37F32D7F.6D000098@i....co.nz>... (...) sets: (...) the US (...) The only store I have seen them in the LEGO Imagination Center at Downtown Disney in Orlando. Your best bet might be to order them from Shop @ Home in (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Availability of New Train Sets

Can someone please tell me the availability of the following new Train sets: 4533 Train Track Snow Remover 4553 Train Wash 4556 Train Station 4557 Train Container Crane Are these sets available in toy stores or are they S@H exclusives? These sets (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Lego in the UK

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Paul Sinasohn (<FIuD71.K7B@lugnet.com>) wrote at 22:01:49 (...) Ahh! You *really* shouldn't have said that! Now I'll have to check out the whole of South Wales before Christmas :-) (Don't worry: I can't) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.uk)

  if you really need orange...

I spotted four halloween buckets at a small toy store in Claremont, CA going for $19.95 each. They appear to be last year's Target buckets. The owner of the store seems to know his LEGO, so my guess is that he saw how these things were going in (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Lego in the UK

(...) Tony, does West Country inclues Wales?? I'll be there for a week in January, and will attempt to clear out all Lego at that time, so here's fair warning :-) Paul Sinasohn (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.uk)

  20 % sale at King Arthur's Toy

I arrived in Cincinnati for a business trip and decided to go Lego hunting. I didn't find any super bargains (except some sets at "Big Lot" stores) but King Arthur's Toy Court is ahving a 20% sale on Lego in October. 20% off one item with coupon, (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Lego in the UK

(...) if (...) Not at all - purely attempting to avoid sounding like a naive legoer:) Thanks - Ben> (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Always check Target when...

Another thing, Target. Yes, they may have their 20% off every so often, but when they decide to clearance, it's to completely get rid of the stock. Price scan any red tags, because I've discovered that they are often discounted even further. I've (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Sugar cookies with LEGO sets at Wal*Mart (was: Cookies ?)

Nope, none in the Mountain View, CA Walmart. Will have to check Milpitas tomorrow... (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.promo, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: WalMart prices.(always check)..

R stands for Runyan (last name) The first place I always go is the clearance. Still no avail :-( At least there's TRU and Pic-N-Save Why? Depressed in the Land Of Entraptment Lego is not a toy, it's a way of life. ScottR swrunyan@uswest.net Eric (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: WalMart prices.(always check)..

(...) I assume you checked the clearance aisles? /Eric McCarthy/ (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: WalMart prices.(always check)..

Yea, this is my point. I have 1 WM down the street from home, 1 around the corner from work and another on the way home from work. I frequent them regularly. (min. 3 times a week) But to my surprise nerver a sale. They have sets sometimes for (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: WalMart prices.(always check)..

I have a Wal-Mart down the street from my house. They started clearancing things. Iwas there everyday for about 4 days straight, waiting for certain items to go clearance. I got tired of going there so I took a couple of days off. I went back and (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: WalMart prices...

Ray Sanders wrote in message <37F0F573.EB891F00@gate.net>... [ ... snipped ...] (...) Watch closely, one day they might be gone! The Wal-Mart near me had about half a dozen of the Time Cruisers lab set (sorry don't remember exact name or number and (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Sugar cookies with LEGO sets at Wal*Mart (was: Cookies ?)

Anyone else seen these? Are there different sets inside, and is it random, or do you KNOW what you are getting? I'll be checking my local Walmart tonight. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.promo, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Lego in the UK

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Ben Pegler (<FIrs1z.MHp@lugnet.com>) wrote at 12:29:59 (...) Surely you don't have a low opinion of UK AFOLs? We all tend to hang out in loc.uk. Go and have a look, and find a part of the country that no one posts from. That (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: WalMart prices...

(...) Again this morning I had to go into WM for something. So I found the Toy dept lady and asked a few questions. It seems that there are several factors involved: First, she can only mark something down a minimal percentage on the first go-round (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: WalMart prices...

(...) The stores near me must pick and choose which clearance prices to use. One store has 5988 Pharoh's Forbidden Ruins at 50% clearance, but has 8269 Cyber Stinger at full price, while the other nearby Wal-Mart has 8269 at 50% off and 5988 at full (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Lego in the UK

Hi there - I have recently moved to London from New Zealand and was curious if anyone could make any suggestions for going on retail hunts for older Pirate and Castle sets. If anyone can help I will be A)surprised and B)pleased. Cheers - Ben (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: WalMart prices...

ScottR wrote in message ... (...) The Wal-Mart near me (Cary, North Carolina) rarely has sales either. I spoke with the manager in the toy department recently and asked him why some Wal-Marts have sets on clearance but others (like the one near me) (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: WalMart prices...

Why is it I read all these Wal-Mart special prices, but go there here in Albuquerque and never see anything? Is Albq. one of those places where Lego sells very good as to never warrant sales? Am I missing something? Lego is not a toy, it's a way of (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  WalMart prices...

I don't know if this is a local, regional or national WalMart price decrease, but... The local WalMart has had a number of sets on clearance for a few months. The markdown was only 20-25% off retail. Sometime over the weekend, they increased the (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  (canceled)

  Re: Technic Shuttle

O.K. Remy, I'm going to try to find sets 4558 and 8480. I'll send mail on newsgroup to tell you, if I succeeded... See you later, Emmanuel. Remy Evard a écrit dans le message <8E4AE2817evardmcsan...et.com>... (...) >Emmanuel, if you really have the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  FOTW at Wal-Mart

I bought 8269 Cyber Stinger for $15 at the Wal-Mart in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. The Upland, CA Wal-Mart has 5988 Pharoh's Forbidden Ruins for $40. I'm debating whether or not to buy one, since I already have it. But all that tan at half price.. I think (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Question about Rock Raiders Set

I think you could do better if you wanted to wait a little. I do like the set; the piece count for the price is fantastic. We picked several of these up locally, though, for the same price you would get through S@H: Original retail: $2.99 Kohl's (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Star Wars on sale at K-Mart

Todays K-Mart newspaper insert (Sun 9/26) contains a blurb that all Lego Star Wars sets are 10% off. They specifically mention Episode 1 and Classic Star Wars (?). I stopped into one store and checked. Sure enough, a $19.99 set was scanning at (...) (25 years ago, 26-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Saw an offer from toytime.com

See: (URL) In the October issue of _Familiy Life_, on page 9, there is a full page ad about toytime.com. They're offering a buy-one-get-one-free special for new customers. Free item is same or lesser value, of course. Only good for up to $15 free, (...) (25 years ago, 26-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Question about Rock Raiders Set

Hey, I guess this would be the right ng: I'm planning to buy a bunch of copies of set #4910, the Rock Raiders Hover Scout, in the near future. Shop at Home has them on the "All Under $10" page in the latest catalog and is doing a $4.50 off of any (...) (25 years ago, 26-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Nugator Company

This is an unsolicited endorsement of an online site. If you haven't yet checked out The Nugator Company at www.nugator.com, do so now. Prices are great and service is great. Selection is growing but I have been very happy with my purchases thus (...) (25 years ago, 26-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Technic Shuttle

dya.shopping@wanadoo.fr (Ets Dya Shopping) wrote in <FIGLHw.147@lugnet.com>: (...) Emmanuel, if you really have the ability to pull magic like this... and based on your having so many of the supercar, maybe you can.... then I suggest you go for the (...) (25 years ago, 24-Sep-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  25th Anniversary Silver Buckets available at Service Merchandise

Check out: (URL) is their listed price, but it looks like they're still available. My last find of one of these was in a going-ou-of-business sale for a Service Merchandise in Atlanta, GA last April. Good luck! Ed (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Watch those prices (and those cashiers too)

3 cheers for effective customer satisfaction. I'm sure that the additional money you saved on the sets will be easily recouped by the store from your continued and increased patronage. It's interesting because over the past few years there have been (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Watch those prices (and those cashiers too)

Sorry about the length of this. I had an interesting experience shopping a few nights ago. I was at one of the usual stores I frequent, looking over the clearance items. I saw some LEGO sets that I was interested in, picked one up, looked at the (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Zany-Brainy Sale

I got a mailer from Zany-Brainy on Monday with two LEGO items on sale: 6195 Neptune Discovery Lab ((URL) Alien Avenger ((URL) $29.95 The Zany-Brainy in Durham, NC has tons of both of them. Even at these prices, I didn't buy either of them. Maybe (...) (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral)

  Found a $25 coupon for eToys

Well, I assume this is the right place. For those people who haven't purchased from eToys before (or maybe for those who want to get a friend/relative to do the purchasing now) you can make use of this code to get $25 off a $50 purchase at eToys. (...) (25 years ago, 21-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 6444 (and 8414 on sale)

Frank Filz found them at 9.99 - the local KB store (in the Bayfair mall, for SF-area folks) had 4 @ 12.99, so I bought all 4. This particular store had the 8414 set on sale for $19.99 - I bought one last night, there were 3 left. Paul Sinasohn who (...) (25 years ago, 15-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  The Nugator Company Update and Special offer

We have added a variaty of tiles and sloped bricks to the Nugator Company’s website. We also still have a lot of inventory to add so if there is anything in particular that you need just let us know. Other wise we will add the inventory as soon as (...) (25 years ago, 14-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Ideas book 260 at Busy Bee

I've just been to Busy Bee, and they've got a pile of ideas book 260 for GBP 1.99. (25 years ago, 14-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW at KMART

If it were me, and I thought they were intentionally misleading the public, I would contact the consumer affairs office of your state's attorney general's office. One call from the AG's office to the owner of the franchise, and I can confidently say (...) (25 years ago, 14-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW at KMART

(...) You have a chain called Schnucks? Cool. The possibilities for bad humor seem limitless with that name. (25 years ago, 14-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: FOTW at KMART

(...) Which chain? I haven't noticed that at Dierbergs or Schnucks. (...) Right, that's the idea. It prevents a form of bait and switch. I was trained on that law at a convenience store in St. Louis County (Rock Hill) in 1989. So the law - if I was (...) (25 years ago, 14-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  retail scams (was Re: FOTW at KMART)

(...) One option would be to refuse. If you have the endurance, just stay there arguing loudly so that everyone who comes through finds out about it. Eventually, they'll call the police and then they'll really be in trouble. (...) Unless they (...) (25 years ago, 14-Sep-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact