 Marketplace / Shopping / 827
Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 16:44:02 GMT

I just placed an order with KBKIDS.  The salesperson told me that the web site
is in fact -more- up-to-date with the inventory than the salespeople.  They
are, in fact, sold out of the "Lego System Outback Airstrip."  However, they do
have an available quantity of the "Lego System Outback Astrip" at the same
price.  I ordered two of those, and I expect to be satisfied with the sets I
receive. ;-)

Thank God for the old-fashioned alternative to technology. :)

The technology isn't the problem.  It appears to be the stock boy using the
technology. :-)

Thanks,
Naji

In lugnet.market.shopping, Tom Stangl writes:
Someone posted in RTL:

You guys may be happy to know that 6444 is now listed as out of stock on the
web page. However, if you call and talk to a sales rep, they can still find
some at that price.

Thank God for the old-fashioned alternative to technology. :)

So call them, see if you can get any.

Naji Norder wrote:

The website now says that the set is out of stock...

Naji

In lugnet.market.shopping, Julie Krenz writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Gene Rodriguez III writes:

Had my order for 20 rejected by KB... "quantity above limits."

Figures. They finally sell something at a decent price, then don't want to • let
it go in any kind of volume.

What's REALLY annoying is they didn't specify what an acceptable quantity
would be...

Gene @ The Brickyard

The order rejection I received said the quantity limit was 6. My order
for 6 was accepted.It's still possible I'll get an email telling me they • are
out of stock. Here's what they say in the email confirmation I received:

Your order has been received.  (Unless you are otherwise notified
via e-mail, your order will be processed and sent to our warehouse
for fulfillment.)

Julie