 Marketplace / Shopping / 838
Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 18:12:23 GMT

Bwwwaaaaahhhhh! :-(
I saw the UPS truck go down my street as I waited for my kindergartner to
arrive, "oh good" I thought "my 6444s are here". I go home and sure enough a
package is waiting for me. I pick it up, "awful light, must be another box
coming tomorrow." But no, the label says "1 of 1". "Odd" I think. So, I open
it.  Here comes the sad part. Inside the box is.. (wipe away tears, sniff,
sniff)... 2 Star Trek dolls. Aaarrrggghhhh!!!

A call to the kb customer service, *immediatley*.

I tell him I didn't get what I ordered. *He* tells *me* what I did receive, and
on hold I go for him to figure things out. He comes back and tells me a few
things. None of which made any sense. He claims my order is still in the
warehouse, I doubt it. The email I received gave me the UPS tracking number,
and it says my package has been delivered.   He said what was in my box before
I got a chance to tell him. I asked him how he knew what I received. He gave a
nonsense answer of " alot of people are ordering those dolls, we sell them for
$24.95 and on the internet they sell for $300" I tell him, "I don't know Star
Trek, I know Lego". Out of curiosity I checked, they are going  for about $50
each on eBay...kb is still selling them for $25.
For you ST geeks :-) they sent me Edith Keeler & Trelane. Woop-de-do.

I'm doubting I'm getting my order of 10. I did go back and order 6. So, I still
hope to get a few. All I wanted was a bunch of those cool yellow windows. Most
of the rest was going to be offered up to you all on BRICKS. All together
"aaaawwww maaaaann".

Now I just realized, I wasted my $10 coupon on something I didn't even
get.dang.

Julie

Just got my 20 yesterday. I think that's about the quickest I've ever
got something I ordered by mail using something other than over night
shipping.
Frank Filz

Maybe they should slow down and look at what they're doing!! :-\
Good luck to the rest of you :-)