 Marketplace / Shopping / 848
Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 1999 03:40:24 GMT

Julie Krenz <dkrenz@mc.net> wrote:
Yes! Good for you. Not into DVDs here yet. VHS is fine for Barney & Pokemon :-)
Be sure to check out http://www.flamingoworld.com/
They mention a great deal at Staples office supply. A $20 coupon. I used mine
to stock up on tape (holidays are coming) and envelopes as well as packing
tape.

Yeah, I saw that on another site last night.  Passed on it, though,
because some people reported that the $20 code was actually out of a
catalog intended only for Atlanta residents, and that some people
(maybe not all) were being told that they would get a $20 refund if
they were to send the cover of the catalog to Staples for
confirmation.

I generally avoid deals once I know they're even a little shady,
although I don't fault those who take advantage of them if they
didn't know about it.

I'm also trying not to snatch up every bargain in the world.  Passed
up on several other this week already mainly because what I am
interested in right now is DVDs.  Lego stuff comes in second, with
books a close third.  I could have lots of cheap vitamins, ink jet
cartridges (what I would have gotten from Staples if I'd risked the
coupon), sporting equipment, sunglasses, etc, but ultimately I don't
need that stuff. :)

Trying not to let the bargain-mania take me over, although I do try
to pass them along to my friends at my website.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/