 Marketplace / Shopping / 826
Re: KB KIDS.com 20% Off sale (and 50% clearance items, more importantly)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 01:12:09 GMT

Someone at TLG needs to wake up - this KB sale is proof of the power of AFOLs
and the Internet - they went from unlimited # per order, to 6, to 2, in 2 days,
because a few emails and newsgroup postings were exchanged.

And, uh, TLG?  The $300 on clearance sets I just spent at KB keeps me from
spending $300 on sets elsewhere.  You lost sales on new sets because your new
sets tend to SUCK (SW, McD, and Shell sets excluded), and the profits directly
to you from sets I've been buying is on a downward trend, as I buy more and more
clearance/old sets from stores and new/used sets from auctions/sales.

Build decent sets, and your profit line will go up.  I'm proof - I've BOUGHT 30+
3438s, not counting free ones, in order to trade them for the Shell sets.
Without those nice Shell sets, I would have never bought so many 3438s.

LISTEN TO YOUR CLIENTS!

Patricia Schempp wrote:

Well now its says that they limit you can get is 2.  So they must have found
more.  I had to add a tub to get free shipping.  Darn.  :)

Patricia Schempp