 Marketplace / Shopping / 847
Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 1999 03:35:47 GMT

Simon Robinson <simon@simonrobinson.com> wrote:
That is really good of them. But what would be nice in that case would
be if they could be persuaded - when they know they've got a rare old
set that is in heavy demand - to restrict the numbers of the set that they
will sell to any one person, in order to ensure that as many people as
possible get at least some of the set.

Nah, too much trouble.  I know *I* wouldn't bother doing that if I
were a retailer.  The point is to sell your stock on hand and make a
profit.

If Larry or anyone else wanted to artificially limit the number they
would sell to people, fine, or even if the retailer *wanted* to do
it, fine.  But artificial limits like that, while maybe keeping a
few random scalpers from ruining it for more people, also ruin it
for serious builder/collectors, or, more likely, it forces them to
go to more trouble to make multiple orders, etc.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/