 Marketplace / Shopping / 761
760  |  762
Subject:
WalMart prices...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 02:57:46 GMT

I don't know if this is a local, regional or national WalMart price
decrease, but...

The local WalMart has had a number of sets on clearance for a few
months. The markdown was only 20-25% off retail. Sometime over the
weekend, they increased the markdown to the 30-33% range. The sets at
the local store affected are:

6332 $35 Command Post Central
6089 $35 Stone Tower Bridge
6969 $35 Celestial Stinger
6083 $13 Samurai Stronghold
6328 $13 Helicopter Transport (this one seemed high in the first place
for some reason)
6582 $21 Daredevil Flight Squad
6919 $27 Planetary Prowler
6160 $27 Sea Scorpion

and a few Duplo sets

2281 $21 Deluxe Harbor Highway
2223 $17 Tubes Set

I think the rational has something to do with which sets are still
allocated shelf space and which ones are not. Those on the outs are
moved to clearance. Interesting that not all of the Ninjas are on
clearance, only certain ones.

Of course, they *still* have 4-5 #6493 (Flying Time Vessel) at full
price. Go figure.

Ray