 Marketplace / Shopping / 763
Re: WalMart prices...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 11:50:41 GMT

ScottR wrote in message ...
Why is it I read all these Wal-Mart special prices, but go there here in
Albuquerque and never see anything? Is Albq. one of those places where Lego
sells very good as to never warrant sales? Am I missing something?

The Wal-Mart near me (Cary, North Carolina) rarely has sales either.  I
spoke with the manager in the toy department recently and asked him why some
Wal-Marts have sets on clearance but others (like the one near me) don't.
He stated that all Wal-Mart stores receive the same clearance pricing
through the computer system but it is up to the local store to "accept" the
prices.

In the case of the store near me, they rarely put stuff on clearance because
they move quite a bit of product.  Other stores will discount aggressively
to simply get the clearance stuff out of the aisles and be done with it.  It
is really  store to store dependent.

The only things I have found at the Wal-Mart near me is a Anniversary Bucket
for $5 and a Planetary Prowler for $15.  I have had better luck at another
Wal-Mart, there is one not too far from my office where I got half a dozen
Scuba Squad sets (6556) for $1 each.  I haven't found much else at that
Wal-Mart since.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh