 Marketplace / Shopping / 769
Re: WalMart prices...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 18:21:06 GMT

Ray Sanders wrote in message <37F0F573.EB891F00@gate.net>...

[ ... snipped ...]

The 'Flying Time Machine' sets have been sitting on the shelf since
3/98. They have not been marked down yet. I made her an offer, but her
manager said 'no discount over 20% on first markdown'. I can wait, time
is mostly on my side.

Watch closely, one day they might be gone!  The Wal-Mart near me had about
half a dozen of the Time Cruisers lab set (sorry don't remember exact name
or number and am currently sitting on an airplane so it is a bit difficult
to look it up) for $60 for a long time.  Then one day all six were gone.  At
the same time another person in North Carolina reported that he found the
same set on clearance at a Wal-Mart in North Durham for $10!  I always
assumed the ones near me went on clearance as well and someone got a really
good deal.  There is another Wal-Mart that still has four or five of them at
full price.  That store is too far a way to monitor on any kind of a regular
basis though.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh