 Marketplace / Shopping / 757
Re: Question about Rock Raiders Set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 03:17:07 GMT

I think you could do better if you wanted to wait a little.  I do like the set;
the piece count for the price is fantastic.  We picked several of these up
locally, though, for the same price you would get through S@H:

     Original retail: $2.99
     Kohl's 20% off: -$0.60
     Add in 8.5% tax:+$0.20
                     ------
        Final Price:  $2.60 each including tax

Thus, the S@H price is about the equivalent to only a 20% off sale.  If this is
good enough for you, then go for it.  If you are willing to wait a few weeks
for a better sale, then I'm sure you will find one eventually.

(For anyone else, the set has 39 pieces and retails for only $2.99.  This is
certainly not bad, considering that the set has several nifty parts, including
an aqua 1x2 brick, and of course the Rock Raiders babe (wife-approved term)).

Naji

In lugnet.market.shopping, Ben Roller writes:
Hey, I guess this would be the right ng:

I'm planning to buy a bunch of copies of set #4910, the Rock
Raiders Hover Scout, in the near future.  Shop at Home has them on the
"All Under $10" page in the latest catalog and is doing a $4.50 off of
any five items special.  So, as I see it, they come out to be $2.60
each when you buy them in groups of 5 (or 10).

Is there anywhere else that I could buy these for less than that?  I
doubt that anyone else offers them for such a good price (shipping
included mind you) but I thought it would be worth a post before I
bought a bunch.

Ben Roller

P.S.  This is not an offer to sell, just a poll of interest, but would
anyone be interested in buying the minifigs from these sets?