 Local / United States / California / San Francisco / *871 (-100)
  Lego get together Saturday April 15th

Hello, all! I am having a get together on this upcoming Saturday at my place (Selma, CA - just outside of Fresno) and will be having all the local Adult Lego Fans here and was wondering if you wanted to come down. I am free all day Saturday and if (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno, lugnet.loc.us.ca.bak, lugnet.loc.us.ca.mod, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sto)

  (canceled)

  (canceled)

  Znap

Hello, The Sunnyvale TRU still doesn't have any Znap. It's in the computer but not on the shelves. Has anyone seen Znap in the Bay Area, and if so where? Thanks, /Eric/ (24 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Lego Buys Interactive Toy Co. Zowie

Some of you might find this of intrest...i found it in the Yahoo! news sections from an article yesterday. -Mike Lego Buys Interactive Toy Co. Zowie COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) - Lego is acquiring interactive toymaker Zowie Intertainment in a deal that (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Lego R2D2

A large Lego R2D2 with "guess the number of bricks" is at the Mountain View Walmart. /Eric/ (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Color sorting LEGO bricks...

Well, yes, I suppose I could. But then again, the mindstorms version won't remove Walnut shells from walnuts and even if it did, I don't think it could do 8 tons per hour. Still, I would like to see a mindstorms one as well. Mike Zonker Harris (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Open invitation to build at Mike's house (was Re: FOTW on Blue Tubs from TRU!)

I will be sorting the tubs and building from here on out. If anybody wants to come down and help sort/build modules, let me know when you can come down (3 - 3 1/2 hour drive from San Jose) and I will treat you to lunch/dinner while you are here. The (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Color sorting LEGO bricks...

Mike Poindexter wrote (in part): (...) So, couldn't you just use some technic parts to make a conveyor and shaker, using 9-V motors to shake/vibrate the assembly to move parts past the Mindstorms light sensor, and us a motor to knock the "detected" (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: FOTW on Blue Tubs from TRU!

Mark, I can't buy them for less than one cent each, so selling them for that after working on them isn't possible. Besides, I offer them out at one cent for thousands and let the market set the price. I go as fast as I can on the auctions and make (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: FOTW on Blue Tubs from TRU!

I know this is a Kerosene Cat[1], so I am not going to ask my dad. I don't really want our state of the art nut plant featured as a Lego sorting station. The big problem with the sorting equipment is that it is used for sorting walnuts. Walnuts (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  RE: FOTW on Blue Tubs from TRU!

Hi, It also just occurred to me that you could do some serious damage on ebay with an efficient, cheap bulk sorting system, and new bricks at less than 1 cent each... Hum. Maybe bulk bricks from S@H, or incredible simulation, is not too far off. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  RE: FOTW on Blue Tubs from TRU!

Hi, Wow, I say, it never hurts to ask your dad. He might get a kick out of it. Worst he could say is NO, are you nuts! Would make a nice newspaper article w/ color photo, etc. though. What does the company usually use the equipment for when not (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: NMRA

I could use one, if there is an advantage to registering with the group, or I can register on my own, since I'm a member of NMRA. Let me know. Paul Sinasohn bearitone@my-deja.com (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  april fool stuff

this was passed on to me on 4/1 because my co-worker know I do lego stuff. not sure how many people on this list seen it already... April Fools day aviation news.. NASA CONTRACTS WITH DANISH COMPANY FOR FUTURE PLANETARY PROBES... Faced with rampant (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: NMRA

i would be interested in going to the train event in August...i would be able to supply some rolling stock and maybe a building or two(if there is room). I agree with the Mr. Poindexter that we display MOC's instead of Lego trains since some of the (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  (canceled)

  RE: NMRA

With several pounds of ABS on the tabletop, I find myself wondering: Has anyone burned a brick lately? How fast does it burn? How hard is it to put out? Can a cigarette ignite a baseplate? -gyug (...) (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  RE: NMRA

Hi all, I don't remember his name (shame on me!), but a guy at the last meet had some nice cut-away multi-story buildings. His table was in the back, and he also wanted red windows. The buildings were only about 8-10 deep I would guess, and had big (...) (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: NMRA

(...) I might try some cut-away buildings on the left and right edges of the town, but the middle section won't allow them very easily, as the track is right next to the edge. (...) The tabletop is 29.75" high on the legomodular tables. Tabletop (...) (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  RE: NMRA

Hi Mike, I think your approach to buy and install a 1-2 ft Plexiglas wall, like a sneeze guard, is the best. Then you can run the layout all the way to the edge. I can help with this if needed. There is a decent TAP plastics in Fremont. How would (...) (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: NMRA

Although I am almost done with the track plan, I need to get with Tom Stangl and Zonker on one development we had - any crowd barriers have to be part of our layout, which means that having 2' roped off cuts our layout to 6'x11', which is pretty (...) (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: NMRA

(...) I'm planning on being there. Russell (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: NMRA

(...) Dunno if things will be the same, but at the MSP NMRA con last summer we were able to wangle a large number of people into attendance somewhat "informally" by talking to the groups cooordinator the day of the show. I was willing to risk it (...) (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  RE: NMRA

Hi, How many badges do you think you can you get? I know Ross and I would like badges to go, and could help set-up, operate etc. Can we pool/share them? Do you know the layout exhibit hours? What's the verdict on how many/types non-module (...) (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  NMRA

I received the info packet from the NMRA. I need to fill it out and send it in soon and wanted to get some info from the people in BayLTC. I am posting here in addition to mailing out in case some are not yet on the mail list. These are the parts I (...) (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Legos in Slashdot News

In case you missed this story in today's slashdot (yes, it's only a pointer to Excite): (URL) reprise of the Tom Stangle LEGO story written up by the associated press...seems trimmed down, and doesn't have photos, but still...Enjoy!) -Z- (URL) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Legos in Slashdot News

The new stuff in the article is a mention of the IBM event last Wednesday, an after-hours event down by the convention center put on by Renegade Marketing. I and three others helped demo Lego Mindstorms, and it was quite fun. The Lego visual (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  LEGO Robot in Mt. View Voice article?

In the 3/24 issue, on page 8, it looks like a technic contraption, although the 2/3-page article never states that the robot (or competition) included LEGO parts. There is a thumbnail picture on the cover, plus a much larger image on page 8. I (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Legos and Myth 2

How many of you already have Myth II? ---...--- Begin Forwarded Message ---...--- From: Paul Rybicki <rybicki@corp.webtv.net> Subject: Legos and Myth 2 Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 15:18:53 -0800 (URL) those of you with Myth 2 (available for 20 bucks now (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  I forgot one thing . . .

I also chanced upon an MISB #4552 Cargo Crane for $20. This is the only Train set to come with green Train doors. I will be adding this set to the list of the others when I offer them for trade or sale. Dave (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  FOTM! Castle + Space

Hey all, Toy Go Round comes through again! I purchased six bags of very promising-looking stuff two weeks ago. After some sorting, perusing of Fibblesnork, and downloading of instructions, here's what I've managed to reconstruct: #6020 Magic Shop (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Carlsbad still crowded?

One word to prevent being there with the crowds: weekday I was there recently on a Friday and there couldn't have been more than 1,000 people in the park. It made sightseeing quite pleasant. If you have to go on the weekend, I suggest arriving at (...) (25 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.general)

  Re: MODEL BART TRAIN

Michael Kay wrote about his BART train car... (...) That still takes you to the main page, without a link to the BART page just yet. Fortunately, he uses an easily-guessed page name, so use (URL) Regards, -Z- (URL) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MODEL BART TRAIN

(...) picked (...) a (...) click here: (URL) to see the BART car...... (Mike hadn't quite got the addy right) They do look quite nice however. Not too sure if right, since I have only been on BART once. I went downtown on a BART, it kind of (...) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains)

  MODEL BART TRAIN

Ive just completed a model of a BART train with the some of the pieces i picked up at the BAYLTC meeting earlier this month......Some commented that i was on a "gray quest" for grey pieces.....i obviously didn't get enough grey pieces because i only (...) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: What makes an acronym (was: Re: quick question)

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:FrGuM6.6nH@lugnet.com... (...) letters (...) but (...) Well, as a card-carrying member of the organization that is the undisputed king of acronyms, just thought I would throw in my 200 Won (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  RE: Buildings, etc. for BAYLTC NMRA Layout

Hmmm... that would be simple, if I can scrape up enought canopy pieces and/or some tall (11H) corridor walls. --- Paul Sinasohn CASA Associate - Writing Bass, Raw Silk There's a fine line between a groove and a rut - where are you today?? (...) --== (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  RE: Buildings, etc. for BAYLTC NMRA Layout

So how about a band stand/shell? mark (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: General Box #4 - I gave it to someone at the meeting

Tom, you didn't miss much - there was virtually nothing of interest in it. I emptied most of an Amazon Airship set into it just to add some bulk.... Paul Sinasohn (...) into (...) and (...) (25 years ago, 20-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: What makes an acronym (was: Re: quick question)

Which reminds me of one of my fave acronyms... for an editor somewhat like the world's best editor. MINCE = MINCE Is Not Complete Emacs (...) As for what I keep in *my* wallet? (this *is* .geek, after all)... a vi reference card. vi is the devil's (...) (25 years ago, 19-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: General Box #4 - I gave it to someone at the meeting

Crud, I didn't know there was another Jambalaya box, or I would have traded into it! (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (25 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) letters (...) but (...) This calls for something I like so much, I keep it in my wallet: ACRONYM: A Contrived Reduction Of Nomenclature Yielding Mnemonics Frank (25 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  General Box #4 - I gave it to someone at the meeting

David, did you end up with that box?? It should be sent on when you are done - let me know how much it costs you and I'll pay for it at the June meeting. Paul Sinasohn bearitone@my-deja.com (25 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Buildings, etc. for BAYLTC NMRA Layout

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, Mike Poindexter writes: I snipped it all for brevity, I brought my tunnel on sunday and believe it is too small for the NMRA display at this time. I can work on expanding it if you think it is worthwhile. One of our other (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Buildings, etc. for BAYLTC NMRA Layout

I can't absolutely promise, but I think that a carousel would fit nicely in a 32x32 plot..... I'll do my best.... And I want to thank everyone involved in the train meeting for allowing the break that let me get to my concert on time... The audience (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Public Thank You

I wish to make a big thanks to those in BayLUG who helped me out on this last 3033 sale at Toy's R Us. Thanks to Tom Stangl, Eric McCarthy, Paul Sinasohn and Fred Yorkel, I was able to get an additional 92 more of the tubs, which will eventually (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  BayLTC = Bay Area LEGO Train Club

Mik wrote; (...) Well, *technically*, the acronym would be the BALTC...but the Bay Area LINUX Users Group was around first, so we became BayLUG (pronounced: BAY-lug), and so the founding members of the new train club voted at the recent LEGO fest to (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: sorry

(...) Nope, not a stir at all. This is place where we discuss all kinds of stuff, sometimes ad nauseum, or even at great length :) There's a lot of people here, so potentially you can get a lot of responses. -Tom McD. (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  sorry

sorry to make such a stir but i was just checking to what the BAYLTC acronym stood for -mik (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: What makes an acronym (was: Re: quick question)

(...) I used to think Merriam Webster was "one smart woman". Now, I know that she employs others to do most of her thinking for her ;-) Wellllllll, okay. As long as it's a friendly nit pick :) I defer to superior wisdom and sit corrected. Of course (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: What makes an acronym (was: Re: quick question)

(...) Don't forget Pokemon (PO_c_KE_t MON_ster) :) <ducks> seriously, though... lots of things that we encounter every day are acronyms, even if their original meaning has been forgotten by most people... two examples I can think of off the top of (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  What makes an acronym (was: Re: quick question)

(...) Just a friendly nit to pick... :) Acronyms don't actually have to be words which come from only single letters (such as scuba = _s_elf _c_ontained _u_nderwater _b_reating _a_pparatus), but can actually pull multiple letters from words. An (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: quick question

(...) Yes. Sort of. Mostly. Read on. (...) generically (...) kinda (...) BayLTC or bayLTC is to be thought of as Bay Area Lego Train Club, but that's technically not a true acronym. But BayLUG itself is not 100% acronym either, but it wasn't quite (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Buildings, etc. for BAYLTC NMRA Layout

(...) How about a California/Bay Area/Tech stuff? I was looking out of the window today and thought the tech museum looks cool... but then I have no clue whether or not how easy it would be to make an imax dome... and the town would definitely need (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: quick question

(...) Using LUG and LTC is the going standard. Bay stands for "Bay Area." We really couldn't have used BALUG anyway. It is used for the Bay Area Linux Users Group, balug.org. Besides, I have heard many people recognize us as being from the Bay Area (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: quick question

(...) location (...) Well, one thing I like is the immediate tie-in with LUGs and LTCs. I think that the LTC is pretty much standardized, as is LUG, so having the same root would make sense. BALUG would be the Lego Users' Group, anyway. Bay Area (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  quick question

This did not dawn on me until after the train meeting on sunday..... We decided that the name for the train club would be BAYLTC, right? Does the BAY part stand for anything in particular or just or just generically "bay". For some reason i thought (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: June BAYLUG Meeting

(...) Go. -Tom McD. (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Buildings, etc. for BAYLTC NMRA Layout

(...) Cool. Because I will :) I gotta little something in mind. Speaking of a little something, any plans for a working drawbridge? ;-) <grins, ducks and runs (aka the "John Neal Manuever"> (...) I would like to see a committee set up or perhaps a (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Buildings, etc. for BAYLTC NMRA Layout

I am currently working on the town plan right now. Russell Clark and I discussed it at some length after the meeting at Zonker's and we had some rough ideas. I have gone over them and done the math to find plot sizes, but I have to recalculate (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  RE: June BAYLUG Meeting

So moved, and Locked in! Mark (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: June BAYLUG Meeting

(...) Hey Mark, sounds good to me...if I'm still around here I'll try to make it. Aaron (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: June BAYLUG Meeting

(...) I saw go for it. Grab it now before its too late. Russell (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  June BAYLUG Meeting

Hi All, Well I called and have Fukaya booked again Saturday June 10th all day, from 10 to 5. LMK if this is a GO or not before I send the application back. Yours, Mark (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Buildings, etc. for BAYLTC NMRA Layout

Hi all, We loved the multi-story downtown buildings from Sunday, and may try to build one. I think they would look very cool on the NRMA layout. In that spirit, we would like to offer any/all of our collection of town buildings/vehicles for the (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: What a blast!

(...) What I assumed, apparently mistakenly, was that someone had posted an announcement message the day before or the morning of the event. In any case, I never saw the posted announcement. "Last minute" is just me sort of suggesting that someone (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  RE: What a blast!

-----Original Message----- From: Janet Graff [mailto:janet.graff@...asoft.com] Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2000 9:10 AM To: ba-lego@cinnamon.com Subject: RE: What a blast! David, Well yeah always! There is always something someone wants that I don't (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  BayLUG meeting announcement reminder list?

Richard Marchetti was the most recent person to write something like; (...) Richard, I'm sorry you missed it. I'm sure there are a few other that missed it as well. But I'm working on a solution! (I have a minimum of 2 folks who write something (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  RE: What a blast!

David, Well yeah always! There is always something someone wants that I don't need in exchange for something I desperately need! But I wanted to talk to about the trade. We swapped 2 Blacktron corner pieces for 8 1X4 trans yellow bricks and 2 1X2 (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: What a blast!

Last minute? This meeting was on the website at LEAST a week ahead of time. It was a combo regular and BayLTC meeting. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: What a blast!

I'm into it. Somehow I keep missing the last minute announcements on these events and thereby keep missing the events themselves. This last event was a train thing, right? =) Anyway, if I do manage to attend the next time it will give me the (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: What a blast!

Hey Janet, That was me! Do you want to see my Want List? David Simmons Who was it that I traded the 1X4 trans yellow pieces with. I need to talk to you! Janet (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: What a blast!

Here's an idea for a South Bay meet - I am moving to the Santa Clara campus late April (Agnews area), and the auditorium should be done in May, I think. It can seat 400, and the public can book it, I THINK it is free. It is right off of San Tomas (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: What a blast!

(...) Janet, that would be David Simmons, IIRC. I remember the 'haggling' :-) -Tom McD. (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  RE: What a blast!

I too had a great time at the meeting even with the limited time I could spend there. The look at the Airport Shuttle in box was truly amazing. Who was it that I traded the 1X4 trans yellow pieces with. I need to talk to you! Janet (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  RE: Anyone got the Argus article about Lego in SV?

Tom, I have a copy of the paper that I was saving for you. I forgot to bring it on Saturday but I'll save it for the next meeting or mail it to you. Whatever you prefer! Janet -----Original Message----- From: lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf@lugnet.com (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  RE: Soooo, what's the plan for Sunday?

Zonker, Did you get the 1X4 yellow with side slots? I have a "passle" of them...for a good trade. Janet -----Original Message----- From: Zonker Harris [mailto:zonkerh@corp.webtv.net] Sent: Friday, March 10, 2000 8:50 PM To: ba-lego@cinnamon.com (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Anyone got the Argus article about Lego in SV?

Supposedly the Argus ran a COLOR photo of me in my cube with the article about Lego in the Silicon Valley. Has anyone got a copy of it? I want it! -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my personal (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: What a blast!

(...) My son and I were some of the new faces, we both enjoyed meeting everyone. And there was alot of great stuff to see. I've got to remember my cash for next time so I can participate in the Pawing. I look forward to the next meeting and LMK if (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  What a blast!

Hey all, I just wanted to be the first to thank everyone for a great time. There was so much great stuff to look at (and paw through!) and I think this is the best meet we've had so far. Lots of new faces and a much better behaved walk-in crowd. (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: proposal: sever lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf and ba-lego mailing list

Dear ba-lego@cinnamon.com listadmin: I'm still seeing messages coming in through the gateway. If you still want to sever the link, here's how we can accomplish this cleanly: (URL) (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Soooo, what's the plan for Sunday?

What kind of stuff are you looking for in Trade? I need to know what to try to find to bring with me ;-) (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Soooo, what's the plan for Sunday?

(...) You can mail a video tape via priority mail for $3.20 and they supply a box. For cheaper mail, I don't know, but the free box is a nice bonus. Of course, you could always turn the box inside out and use it for small packets delivery. I think (...) (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Soooo, what's the plan for Sunday?

I'll probably bring some rolling stock, but I'm, not going to hault the round house out of the garage. (I will try to print some of the latest digital pictures of it, for those who are interested.) WANTED: I'm looking for a handful of the 1x4 (...) (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Directions to LEGO train meeting on the 12th

Sunday, 3/12 from 1p until 5p Fremont Public Library, in the Fukaya meeting room (there is an A and a B room, but we will have both.) The library is on Stevenson Blvd, just east of the Paseo Padre Parkway. (f you know central Fremont, the library (...) (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Soooo, what's the plan for Sunday?

(...) I have GB#4 which I'll be bringing, along with a few items I picked up in the UK, plus Mike's 19 buckets.... but no rolling stock this time - I haven't had time to make any :-( Paul Sinasohn (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Soooo, what's the plan for Sunday?

(...) Speaking of trading, I have a couple of dozen trans-orange pieces and a couple of other parts for you David. Russell (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Soooo, what's the plan for Sunday?

(...) I'm bringing a whole box of train stuff I don't want... Track, 16x16 ramps, couplings, engines, etc. I'll plan on trading or selling. Anything left over goes up on Ebay, but I thought I'd give BayLUG first dibs. -Michael P.S., could post (...) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Soooo, what's the plan for Sunday?

David & Nancy wrote: <snip snip> (...) Wow. Somebody out there wants these? (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Soooo, what's the plan for Sunday?

I'm coming mainly to trade and I'll be bringing a large box of trade stuff. Space parts, blue tracks and magnetic couplings, Throwbot parts and their storage boxes, a few baseplates, a 99% complete #8412, a 100% complete Blacktron Alienator (no box (...) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Soooo, what's the plan for Sunday?

Is anyone bringing Trade parts? I need to know whether I should try to cram any trade pieces into the car around Mike's 18 double-packed blue tubs. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Soooo, what's the plan for Sunday?

(...) I will be bringing a Xerox paper box full of 6-wide rolling stock, as well as a few buildings. I am also going to bring a rough diagram of the Town module I want to build for the train layout. Russell Clark (URL) 39423705 (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Soooo, what's the plan for Sunday?

(...) Tom, I think people want you to. I can just tell. Even if you don't end up opening it, we'll want to sniff the box. (...) I want to bring my yellow apartment building which is looking better these days, office building with plaza restaurant, (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Soooo, what's the plan for Sunday?

(...) Well, I will be bringing 8-wides: the DD40 monstrosity, a black ribbed hopper, a gray open top hopper (like the blue hopper) and if I can build any more rolling stock by then, I will. For 6 wides, I will be bringing about 6 or so Metroliner (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Soooo, what's the plan for Sunday?

So, what's the plan, besides "show up at 1"? BTW, I'll be bringing a MISB 4558, and half of the once-MISB 4558 to the meeting for people to build, so we can set up a decent sized Metroliner. IF any of the 3 heading my way show up before Sunday, I'll (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Found: Discounted Command Post Central (update)

(...) <snipped part of original message that should be read if you are interested> Update: there's only one left now. -Tom McD. (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Found: Discounted Command Post Central

(...) Just FYI, the set is only discontinued for retail stores. It is still in the 2000 line-up. (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Found: Discounted Command Post Central

Found for $44 plus tax (down from MSRP $59.99, $66 s@h) in a small toystore : (URL) Command Post Central If you want one or two, lmk ASAP before Sunday, either here or email, cuz I'm getting one, and there were only 3 left IIRC. Payment is to be (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Don't forget your SPACE Lego to trade into the Jambalaya box!

Roger will have the Space Jambalaya box at Sunday's meeting, so if you have Space pieces available to trade, don't forget to bring them, so you can trade into/out of the box. I have a gallon ziploc mostly full, after sorting a 20lb lot from Ebay. -- (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact