Re: What makes an acronym (was: Re: quick question)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 03:58:43 GMT

Which reminds me of one of my fave acronyms... for an editor somewhat
like the world's best editor.

MINCE = MINCE Is Not Complete Emacs

Frank Filz wrote:
This calls for something I like so much, I keep it in my wallet:

ACRONYM: A Contrived Reduction Of Nomenclature Yielding Mnemonics

Frank

As for what I keep in *my* wallet? (this *is* .geek, after all)...  a vi
reference card.
vi is the devil's work. But you're always guaranteed to have it on any
random unix box you walk up to, so you have to either know it well
enough not to need a card, or have a card with you. I chose the latter
so as not to forget the emacs keystrokes.

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!