Subject:
What a blast!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 08:19:52 GMT

Hey all,

I just wanted to be the first to thank everyone for a great time.  There was
so much great stuff to look at (and paw through!) and I think this is the
best meet we've had so far.  Lots of new faces and a much better behaved
walk-in crowd.  Even the kid who knocked over the Metroliner felt really bad
about it.  I can't say enough thanks to everyone with whom I traded or
brought items they I was looking for.  When I got home and examined my bad
o' swag, I was thrilled!  I even got to build a likeness of #6086 Black
Knight's Castle.  It still needs to some pieces to be truly complete but I
doubt I can pry a yellow Tudor Castle wall out anyone!

I'm going to check with the Albany library this week about available dates
and times for the next meet.  I probably won't be able to reserve a room
until May.  Is that too long to wait?  How many people would be interested
in coming up here?  I know it's REALLY long haul for some people, so perhaps
the theme could appeal to those who live closer and those who don't wouldn't
care so much if they missed it.  Anyone have any suggestions on what the
theme of the next meet should be?  Castle?  Pirates?  Town?

Dave

--
"There is no end, no beginning.  There is only the infinite passion of
life."  -Federico Fellini