Subject:
BayLUG meeting announcement reminder list?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 16:00:28 GMT

Richard Marchetti was the most recent person to write something like;
I'm into it.  Somehow I keep missing the last minute announcements on these
events and thereby keep missing the events themselves.

  Richard, I'm sorry you missed it. I'm sure there are a few other that
missed it as well. But I'm working on a solution! (I have a minimum of
2 folks who write something similar after every meeting we have had.)

  I'm going to set up a meeting announcement email list on BayLUG.
This will be a moderated list (so only a few folks can actually send
messages to everyone) to keep the traffic load low. The intention is
to provide a way to remind folks who don't check the website regularly,
and who don't subscribe to the regular mailing lists (ba-lego, or the
LUGNET.sf newsgroup mailings).

  The list isn't ready yet, but should be within a week or two, pending
a few other things I think are slightly more important. ;-)

  If you want to be on the list, please send me email. I'll subscribe
you when the list is running, and you'll receive a notification when I
do this via email. (This notification will also tell you how you can
unsubscribe yourself if you change your mind in the meantime. :-)

  Once the list is ready, I'll post subscription info on the BayLUG
main page.

  We'll have a separate list for the BayLTC members, so that their
traffic doesn't bloat the mailboxes of regular BayLUG members. :-)

       -Z-

--
Zonker Harris  (zonkerh@corp.webtv.net, zonker@gnac.com)
GNAC Broadband Network Architect, Microsoft Broadband Deployment