RE: What a blast!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 17:10:13 GMT

David,

Well yeah always!  There is always something someone wants that I don't need
in exchange for something I desperately need!

But I wanted to talk to about the trade.  We swapped 2 Blacktron corner
pieces for 8 1X4 trans yellow bricks and 2 1X2 trans yellow bricks.  While
we were trying to get to an equitable trade I was trying to explain to you
that the bag wasn't a bag of trading fodder.  For instance there were garage
door parts in there.  The only thing I would trade a garage door part for is
a different much needed garage door part.  1X4 yellow bricks aren't garage
door parts.  In other words these were much valued parts that I was looking
for a like-to-like trade on.  With respect to the Backtron corner pieces I
had three black and one grey and my intent was to trade the grey one for
another black one or the three black for 3 grey not to trade them for unlike
parts.  Anyway I felt a bit raw and rushed after the trade but was cowed by
my own continuous litany of "put those back", "I'm not trading THOSE for 1X4
yellow bricks!" and I let the trade go through.  In my estimation to the
trans yellows were worth no more than 1 Blacktron corner piece and I really
didn't want to trade any corner pieces for non-corner pieces.

I have lots of stuff (you saw the juicy space stuff there is other juicy
non-space stuff too) and I'll be glad to come to an arrangement that makes
us both comfortable or I offer to cancel the trade and reswap the pieces and
start over.  I am sure I have stuff that you want that isn't valuable to me
but means a lot to you.

Can we come to a different settlement?

Janet