Re: quick question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 07:10:42 GMT

From: lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf@lugnet.com (Michael Kay)
To: ba-lego@cinnamon.com
Subject: quick question
Date: Tue, Mar 14, 2000, 8:11 PM

This did not dawn on me until after the train meeting on sunday.....
We decided that the name for the train club would be BAYLTC, right?
Does the BAY part stand for anything in particular or just or just generically
"bay".  For some reason i thought it stood for: Bay Area (something with "Y")
Lego Train Club.  If nothing starts with Y then would it be BALUG (which kinda
sounds like a sheep).  I think something that specifically told of our location
might be nice....Just a suggestion....i'd like to see what you guys think....

Using LUG and LTC is the going standard. Bay stands for "Bay Area." We
really couldn't have used BALUG anyway. It is used for the Bay Area Linux
Users Group, balug.org. Besides, I have heard many people recognize us as
being from the Bay Area in the year that we have been BayLUG. Our location
is recognizable from what I can tell.

Russell Clark
http://baylug.org/russellc/
http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/?m=130