Re: Buildings, etc. for BAYLTC NMRA Layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 07:20:34 GMT

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, Tom McDonald wrote:
[...........]
Everyone: how "cosmopolitan/urban/suburban/industrial" should our town be?
While we might want a variety of things, often towns do not possess much
variety in urban/rural mix. Do we care? Just as example, should we pick a real
town/city that's fairly well documented pictorially and try and emulate its
style?

How about a California/Bay Area/Tech stuff? I was looking out of the
window today and thought the tech museum looks cool... but then I have
no clue whether or not how easy it would be to make an imax dome...

and the town would definitely need at least an ISP, a telephone company
offering dsl, and a datacenter!

and we would need fiber, to bring connectivity into every minifig
household... :-)

PS. I felt really bad for missing out the Sunday meet, I headed down for
Legoland not realizing this is the week... and speaking of Legoland,
anyone thinking about heading down there for the one year park birthday
this weekend?