Re: Soooo, what's the plan for Sunday?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 20:56:24 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, Tom Stangl writes:
So, what's the plan, besides "show up at 1"?

BTW, I'll be bringing a MISB 4558, and half of the once-MISB 4558 to the
meeting for people to build, so we can set up a decent sized Metroliner.
IF any of the 3 heading my way show up before Sunday, I'll bring them too,
but right now I only have the 2, and a passenger car I built last night out
of parts.

Oh, I suppose I could bring a MISB 4547 to build too, if people wanted me
to.

Well, I will be bringing 8-wides: the DD40 monstrosity, a black ribbed hopper,
a gray open top hopper (like the blue hopper) and if I can build any more
rolling stock by then, I will.  For 6 wides, I will be bringing about 6 or so
Metroliner subway cars and a custom baggage car, plus a black ribbed hopper
and any other custom 6 wide cars I might build before the meeting.

I will bring all the track I can spare, some layout plans for my garage for
people to give me some building ideas, some pictures of ideas I have that I
want to work into my layout, copies of the agenda and any other cool train
related items I can dig up.

Aaron Hines is not going to be able to come to the meeting, but he is supposed
to come over Saturday, so if we build anything substantial, I will bring it on
up.

I will also bring my laptop with the 52 MB Lego Castle animation file, in case
anybody wants to see it.  It runs about 5 minutes.

The only other plans outside of show up at 1 would be to bring any ideas on
what we could do for really cool layouts at the NMRA and future train shows.

Mike Poindexter

PS:  I won't have a DCC system by then, but I am going to try to get some cost
info for anybody interested and bring whatever info I can get on it.