Re: Soooo, what's the plan for Sunday?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 22:40:45 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, Mike Poindexter writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, Tom Stangl writes:
So, what's the plan, besides "show up at 1"?

BTW, I'll be bringing a MISB 4558, and half of the once-MISB 4558 to the
meeting for people to build, so we can set up a decent sized Metroliner.
IF any of the 3 heading my way show up before Sunday, I'll bring them too,
but right now I only have the 2, and a passenger car I built last night out
of parts.

Oh, I suppose I could bring a MISB 4547 to build too, if people wanted me
to.

Tom, I think people want you to. I can just tell. Even if you don't end up
opening it, we'll want to sniff the box.

Well, I will be bringing 8-wides: the DD40 monstrosity, a black ribbed hopper,
a gray open top hopper (like the blue hopper) and if I can build any more
rolling stock by then, I will.  For 6 wides, I will be bringing about 6 or so
Metroliner subway cars and a custom baggage car, plus a black ribbed hopper
and any other custom 6 wide cars I might build before the meeting.

I will bring all the track I can spare, some layout plans for my garage for
people to give me some building ideas, some pictures of ideas I have that I
want to work into my layout, copies of the agenda and any other cool train
related items I can dig up.

I want to bring my yellow apartment building which is looking better these
days, office building with plaza restaurant, train station, and a small police
station. I realize that in Legoland police stations outnumber citizens' homes
9 to 1, but I'd like ppl's opinion on it. I sorta like the building, but it
doesn't have to stay a police station if it can be refitted to look like
something else cool (esp. if we have too much police stuff in the layout).

I do have some 6-wide passenger stock which I'll be bringing, but it's not
very good, so I'll be taking notes, and would be happy to hear critiques on
getting it up to par so we can have as much good show-room stock as possible.

PS:  I won't have a DCC system by then, but I am going to try to get some cost
info for anybody interested and bring whatever info I can get on it.

That'd be swell.

-Tom McD.