 Local / United States / California / *2258 (-100)
  Re: Knott's Rail Fan Weekend and Railroad Enthusiasts Day

In lugnet.trains (and a bazillion other groups), Larry Pieniazek writes: <snip 2 things> OK, 3 things... 3. Ray, you should have set FUT to a small subset of the original groups.. but failing that, **I** should have noticed it wasn't set, and (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe, lugnet.loc.us.ca.bak, lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Knott's Rail Fan Weekend and Railroad Enthusiasts Day

(...) This is way cool. Two things: 1. it would have been nice to give more advance notice of this, if it was available... this is the sort of thing that some people would fly out for if they had enough notice. 2. will Knott's be honoring 2002 (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe, lugnet.loc.us.ca.bak, lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Visiting San Diego

By all means, you should stop at LEGOLAND California in Carlsbad. Another place to see a LEGO train layout will be at Knott's Theme Park, in Buena Park, CA, where the SCLTC will have it's latest layout on public display that weekend. Buena Park is (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Knott's Rail Fan Weekend and Railroad Enthusiasts Day

The SCLTC is proud to announce it's participation in the 2nd Annual Knott's Rail Fan Weekend and Railroad Enthusiasts Day, January 11-12, 2003, Knott's Theme Park, Buena Park, CA Our latest Multi-level Mountain town layout will be appearing for 2 (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe, lugnet.loc.us.ca.bak, lugnet.trains.org.scltc) !

  Re: Visiting San Diego

Hi, If you don't know about it already Legoland California is just north of San Diego and is a must see if you are in the area. Have fun! James (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Visiting San Diego

Hi, I'll be in San Diego from 2003-01-12 till 2003-01-15. Is there something (Lego related) I should not miss? Do you have some shopping tipps for me? Thanks in Advance, Jörg (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Re: sfbay target clearance @ 50% off...

(...) That's the Mindstorms set I bought. I guess it looked so bad it scared most people away. For those who didn't see it, the cover flap was totally ripped away and parts were jumbled inside. But I checked and all of the sensors and both motors (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: sfbay target clearance @ 50% off...

(...) I saw that 75% post yesterday and left work early to go check it out. Everything was 50%, didn't see anything that was 75%. There was a Lego Mindstorms set pretty mangled and a Lego IR controlled race car which was opened. Both appeared to (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: sfbay target clearance @ 50% off...

Hi Maggie, You also might try Vacaville and Fairfield Targets. They both had lots of train sets before new years at 30% but have likely dropped them by now. (...) ___...___ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. (URL) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: sfbay target clearance @ 50% off...

(...) Dang, I was there Tuesday and they had several at 30% off. Anyway, I saw this post at 6:48pm and was out the door before 6:55 to get over there to see what I could find. A 40 minute drive each way and I managed to scrounge up four train cars-- (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: 75% off Target Sales

(...) As an additional data point... I have seen Targets in the past few days with the clearanced Lego section at 30, 50 & 75% off, but the singular exception was the MOT sets. All 4 of the MOT sets were at 50% off regardless of the Target I (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: 75% off Target Sales

(...) El Cerrito, Mark??? I cleared out the rolling stock and passenger cars at 75% off at that store. ALso picked up the last 4534 at 50% at the San Leandro Target, which had no rolling stock to speak of. Hoping for another 4534 (at 75%).... Paul (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: sfbay target clearance @ 50% off...

Thanks for the heads up. Everyone please mention stores that hit 75% off IF you don't wipe them out - I'm still looking for some log cars at 75% off, but I'm not driving to NAPA for them ;-) Make sure you mention exactly WHICH store, including the (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: sfbay target clearance @ 50% off...

NAPA TARGET %75 off. Some trains... until yesterday. Still lots of log cars there for $4. Good deal for train wheels. Others we hit yesterday on way home: Vallejo still 30% Pleasant Hill 50% (Met a potential new Baylug family here who said Martinez (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: sfbay target clearance @ 50% off...

You just need to check every local target. I hit 4 yesterday, and all had switched to 50% off on the MOT sets. I was nice and only bought ONE of the large train set, leaving some for others. I can't say that for the caboose, though ;-) Odds are your (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: sfbay target clearance @ 50% off...  [DAT]

sorry paul, i was headed out the door. from what i can remember... hilltop: still at 30%. i grabbed the remaining 7201 - final duel II. they had all their clearance still in the lego isle so it was a little hard to spot everything. this was the (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: sfbay target clearance @ 50% off...

Specifics, jason - specifics?????? Paul Sinasohn also in the Bay Area (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Emeryvill TRU update

Hey all, Went down there today to shop for others, found they were having a buy one get another (equal or lesser value) 50% off sale. This special did not apply to Orient sets (they appeared to have all of them, but not in the same place), (...) (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  PCC (was Re: Success at Pleasanton GATS

(...) OK, how was this done? (URL) then (URL) yellow window HAD to be mutilated (among many other required mutilations (1) )but it's done very very cleverly. That's the best LEGO PCC I've ever seen, but there is no way to make one that good from (...) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Success at Pleasanton GATS

My pics are posted at Tom's Legomania, (URL) only about 80 pics, though. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Pictures of BayLTC at GATS in Pleasanton CA, Nov 30/Dec 1 2002

Pictures of our award winning (first place) layout at GATS are now available on my website, and after moderation, on Brickshelf: (URL) William R Ward bill@wards.net (URL) Consistency is not really a human trait. --Maude (from the film "Harold & (...) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Success at Pleasanton GATS

Bravo, BayLTC! It's always great to hear that another club has received a first-place award at a train show. :-) JohnG, GMLTC (fut trains.org, just to reduce clutter!) (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Success at Pleasanton GATS

FREMONT, CA - BayLTC, the Bay Area LEGO Train Club, has just finished a very successful display at the Great American Train Show in Pleasanton, CA. The club layout came away winning First Place in the train layout contest. Pictures should be coming (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Possible Thanksgiving Visit

(...) You can always come see the BayLTC layout at the GATS show in Pleasanton, November 30 and December 1. Russell BayLTC/BayLUG (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Possible Thanksgiving Visit

I'm still tossing around ideas for Thanksgiving. One option is a friend in Oakland who has invited me. While this is now a driveable distance for me, it's a pretty long drive for just one or two days. I'm considering that if I added a visit with SF (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  SCLTC at Cal Stewart Show in Pasadena, California!

We've done another show! (And it's still happening!) On November 9-10, 2002, the Southern California LEGO Train Club displayed their mountain layout at the Cal Stewart show in Pasadena, California. (Wait a second... today's the 9th, so why am I (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la) !

  Fall RObot Games in SF - includes Mindstorms

First, apologies if this is the wrong newsgroup - this is not an area I know much about here on LUGNET. An acquaintance emailed me this link knowling only that I liked Lego. I'm posting it in case anyone is interested, either this year or for the (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Huge thank you's all around!

Hey all, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who came to the meet at Ohlone College last weekend. The room was kinda funky, but a great time was still had by all. I wish to especially thank Roger for the FREE bricks (let me know if you need (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Brikwarrers' in the california area.

Hello, this post is totally unrelated to me. I have an online acquaintance who lives in Central California, who wants to play brikwars but says he knows no one in his area who plays it. He lives in the Stockton, CA. Area. at the moment, he wishes to (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  BayLTC confirmed for GATS!

FREMONT, CA - BayLTC, the Bay Area LEGO Train Club, is pleased to announce that today we received confirmation that the status for our layout to be displayed at the Great American Train Show has been upgraded from "Hold" to "Confirm". Show Details: (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Sacramento Area LEGO Fans

(...) Lucky for you the closest one to me (downtown Riverside Drive) is about 35 miles away! BTW I heard on the radio this morning that they are opening several new Targets in the Bay Area this weekend (it was a Bay Area station so I don't know if (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

"Maggie Cambron" <mcambron@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:H2xBED.7Jt@lugnet.com... (...) will (...) since it (...) With 8 Targets in Sacramento, I don't think you have to worry TOO much... ;-) Mark (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac)

  Re: Sacramento Area LEGO Fans

(...) Oh, all right. I wasn't going to because there was no evidence that my answer to your post in the Northern Nevada group was ever read, but since you insist.... We out here in the hinterlands of Northern California are not the sociable BayLUG (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Sacramento Lego Fans

(...) I visit Sacramento every other year. Does that count? =) Just out of curiosty, in which part of the Sacramento area are you living? (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Re: Visiting Santa Rosa (Was: Let me know what days are open)

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, Horst Lehner writes: Shopping tips are (...) Guten tag, Herr Lehner. Ich sprechen ein wenig Deutsch. Ich sprechen überwenig Deutsch. :) Das Lego einkaufsviertil in America kostspielig ist. Apropros, Ich bin apologetisch für (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Visiting Santa Rosa (Was: Let me know what days are open)

Hello everybody, I am from Germany, but will be on a business trip in Santa Rosa from Oct. 7th until Oct. 18th. I have the option to stay one week or so before and/or after that. So, David, if you don't mind a stranger, I would be interested in (...) (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Sacramento Lego Fans

Or start your own up there! I'd bet there are lots of lurkers and interested kids/AFOLs in the area from Auburn to Elk Grove to Davis... The problem is contacting and organizing them... I'd suggest sending out a notice on lugnet, and posting notices (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Sacramento Lego Fans

Probably the closest LUG/LTC you are going to find is BayLUG and BayLTC, which are based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The only two other California clubs are down south in Los Angeles and San Diego. -- Russell Clark Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG Club (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Sacramento Lego Fans

Hi all, I've just recently moved into the Sacramento area, Woodland to be specific. I was wondering if there were any Lego fans down here. I assume there are from previous posts, but was curious to know how many there were and if there was something (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Re: Definitions: LUG or LTC

(...) BayLUG was formed as a general interest group because at the time there wasn't enough train-heads to form a train specific club. BayLTC was formed with the purpose of displaying at the NMRA National Train Show in San Jose in 2000. GOALS: (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  LIC Aneheim Update

We just got back from our little anniversary trip to Disneyland Resort and I thought I'd post a small shopping update regarding the Lego Imagination Center at Downtown Disney. Surprises: No planes (had my heart set on a Sopwith Camel. :( Next time, (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Let me know what days are open

Hey Gang, Well, so far people seem to like the idea but I'm hesitant to specify a date myself. Ideally, I'd like to accomodate the largest number of people (preferably no more a dozen or so) so if you're interested, let me know what dates from (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Trading get-together?

I'm all for it, but it depends on when. -- Russell Clark Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG Member Representative, ILTCO (URL) 39423705; AIM/Yahoo: Russell844 (...) (22 years ago, 18-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Trading get-together?

Hey all, Well, now my wife and I have decided that we need to buckle down and pay off our collective credit card debt, my spending budget for Lego is somewhat limited (somewhat!). Since it seems that a meeting place for the end of the year may not (...) (22 years ago, 17-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  BayLTC's first GATS show - pictures now avaialble

I have posted pictures from our first GATS show: (URL) questions, feedback welcome! --Bill. XFUT: lugnet.trains (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  next BayLUG meeting: 9/15

The next BayLUG meeting will be Sunday, September 15, 2002, at the Fukaya Room, Fremont Main Library. The members only hours are from 1pm-2pm, and we will open to the public from 2pm-4pm. The building contest for this meeting is a Custom Minifig (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  REMINDER: BayLTC at GATS this weekend

The Bay Area LEGO Train Club (BayLTC) will be presenting our train layout at the Great America Train Show, August 10-11, 2002, at the Cow Palace, Daly City, CA. Here is some general admission information: Show Hours: 11am to 5pm, both Saturday and (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains.org)

  FOTM: Railway express for $50

I was browsing TRU today, and stumbled across a taped-up, beat-up, obviously-returned-b...-customer, 4561 Railway Express for $49.90. It'll be at the BayLUG meeting tomorrow for parting-out... --Bill. (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Overdue pictures from BricksWest '02

(...) Have you folks considered adding navigation buttons to the pictures? Frank (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Overdue pictures from BricksWest '02

The security settings on our BayLUG server restrict access to directories if there isn't an index.html file, so the hundreds of images I took are sitting there, unseen. I couldn't sleep, so I went through all of the images again, noted which ones (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: UCS Yoda 50% off at Target

I left 3 at the Walnut Creek, CA Target -- I did not have time to check any others. Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Anybody have the mummy minifig?

Hi again. Well, I couldn't find a mummy fig on time, so I improvised. Came out OK, I think. You can judge for yourselves when I upload the new Brick Testament stories in just a moment. Thanks for your attention, -Rev. Smith (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Anybody have the mummy minifig?

Hi, all. I'm trying to finish work today on a new set of Brick Testament stories, but I realized at the last moment that I really need that mummy minifig from the new Curse of the Pharaoh set (1383). But no stores seem to have it! Does anybody, (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Can't make it this Saturday but . . .

I've updated my want list on my website here: (URL) anyone would like so set up a trade with me for the next meet in September, let me know! I have LOTS of Pirate minifigs and boat hulls, sails, masts, and tons of other stuff. Send me your want (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  next BayLUG meeting

Sorry this is a little late... The next BayLUG meeting will be Saturday, July 20, 2002 at the Fremont Main Library. We will be open to the public from 1pm-4pm. BayLTC will be setting up our train layout as a practice run for the upcoming GATS show, (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Estate auction in Sacramento

I've spoken with The Auction House, and they are sending me a listing of the lots and the final prices, which I will post to market.appraisal as soon as it arrives Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  BayLUG/BayLTC pages off-line...

FYI, the admins know about it, and the needed changes have already been made to get the site back again, but the propogation of the changes may take another day or two. :-( If you are interested in the longer story, read on. Otherwise, go look for (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.oak)

  Re: Bridge

(...) Close, pretty close... After some further research (helped by Mark Benz), I think I found out the one I was referring to. It's *4th* Street Bridge! (should be closeby... :-) I did try to find a sideview, but I was unable to so far; that will (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Bridge

(...) Yes, I know the bridge of which you speak. Or at least, I've seen the same TV show you did :-) Actually I believe I've spotted it from the freeway on the way into San Francisco. Here's some info I was able to find about it: Francis "Lefty" (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Bridge

Hi all, I just saw a TV show about different world bridges and one of them caught my eye - no, not either one of your two "big bridges"! :-) The bridge in question is a drawbridge, said to have been designed by the same engineer as the Golden Gate. (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Estate auction in Sacramento

Hi - My brother-in-law called and told me about an auction happening this weekend (July 7). I won't be able to make it, but it looks like they've got some good stuff - might be worth checking out if you're in the area. (URL) Paul ___...___ WE HAVE A (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Live feed for Napa Police & Fire

There's a new site up with a live feed of Napa Police & Fire frequencies. There's also a chat area for people to talk about what they hear and/or other Napa related discussion. The site is at: (URL) DON'T PAY MORE FOR WEB HOSTING THAN WHAT YOU WANT (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  RE: Coming Baylug events

Hi Wayne, Yes, the next baylug meeting is in 2 weeks on Sun. June 30. There is a baylug meeting in Fremont every other month or so, sometimes monthly. Checkout Baylug at: (URL) and the meeting/events calendar at: (URL) I'd say the Baylug/bayltc (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.nv.ren)

  Re: N. California Sites/Events?

Hi Wayne, The northern California hotbed of LEGO activity is the Bay Area-- BayLug actually meets fairly regularly (I think down in Fremont). Otherwise it is pretty dead up here, although a while back someone from the Reno area was looking for (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.nv.ren)

  Re: Free Childs ticket to Legoland CA with with the purchase of selected LEGO® toys at WalMart.

They did this last year, and the sets (Millenia Throwbot?) had them up here in NoCal too. In fact, I seem to remember some people back East posting that they got sets with the sticker (card inside) too. (...) | iPlanet Support - (URL) Please do not (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Free Childs ticket to Legoland CA with with the purchase of selected LEGO® toys at WalMart.

I am assuming this is really only for the WalMarts here in southern California but I just got an email from Lego stating that when you buy Lego products with the special sticker on it you will get a free kids ticket to LL CA. Here is what the deal (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: Spamcake Diner

(...) Ah, not to be confused with Brickley in the UK... (URL) are there plans to expand the franchise into the UK? The restaurants might have to be accommodated in existing buildings due to strict planning restrictions imposed by the local council (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spamcake Diner

(...) Hehe .. thanks. (...) I forget, but it's been available in a few sets. IIRC, the last theme to supply this tile was Space Port. No doubt somebody will correct me if I'm wrong. -Tom McD. when replying, crystalline spamcake was often used a prop (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spamcake Diner

Another spamchise will be opening soon in Brickland (or perhaps Brickeley), across the bay from San Brickcisco Paul Sinasohn wanna-be instructions tester LUGNET #115 (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spamcake Diner

Great! Awesome job! My wife stopped cooking dinner and said we were going out to eat there! What set did the 1x2 tile on the right of the pinball machine come from? I love the details, very original, thanks for sharing your creativity. Jean-Marc (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  BayLTC confirmed for GATS!

BayLTC, the Bay Area LEGO Train Club, is pleased to announce that today we received confirmation for our layout to be displayed at the Great American Train Show. Show Details: August 10-11, 2002 Cow Palace, Daly City, CA Show Hours: 11am to 5pm, (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains)

  Spamcake Diner

Greetings Spamcake Consumers! It's been awhile in the making, but I finally have a decent page up for the Spamcake Diner. It has a few new pictures, and I might add a few more. Bookmark and feel free to visit (URL) and criticisms are of course (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish.html) !!

  Who's that other Diablo 2 fan?

I apologize for not remembering your name. We discussed meeting up on B.net sometime and playing with the vets. My e-mail address is: xenobuzz@earthlink.net My B.net account is *xenobuzz. E-mail me (or message me if you happen to be on) so that we (...) (22 years ago, 19-May-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Roger, I apologize on behalf of the group

Hey all, I didn't hear about this incident until the meeting was almost over. Apparently Roger Rothaar was asked to consolidate/move/compress his display of sets for sale in order to make room for someone else's stuff. Roger was so upset that he (...) (22 years ago, 19-May-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Got plates?

Hi, We've got lots of the blue 4x8s, but only 1 white 6x6. Will bring them tomorrow if you bring modules! Or even if you don't. Got any trans light blue clear 2x3 panels you can spare? m (...) (22 years ago, 18-May-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Got plates?

Hello all. I am looking for the following plates: (5) white 6x6 (8) blue 4x8 If anyone coming to the meeting tomorrow wants to bring them for me, I would appreciate it. I'm not bringing much to trade, but I will pay cash for them, or I can trade (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Anyone need a ride from El Cerrito/Albany/Berkeley?

I have a little two-door sports car that doesn't have a lot of storage space, but I'd happy to give someone a lift on Saturday if there's a need. I could pick you up at El Cerrito Plaza BART or something. Dave (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  2nd Show This Month for the SCLTC

For any of you Lego or train enthusiasts that will be in Southern California this upcoming Memorial Day Weekend (May 23-27, 2002), The Southern California Lego Train Club (SCLTC) will be showing our second public display this month. Our display will (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Re: [BayLUG-Announce] REMINDER: next BayLUG meeting

There are no real criteria. The criteria on the web page was a sample of possibilities to get people started. -- Russell Clark Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG Member Representative, ILTCO (URL) 39423705; AIM/Yahoo: Russell844 (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: REMINDER: next BayLUG meeting

Sorry. I forgot to say that the date of the meeting is Saturday, May 18, 2002. -- Russell Clark Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG Member Representative, ILTCO (URL) 39423705; AIM/Yahoo: Russell844 (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  REMINDER: next BayLUG meeting

This is a reminder of the next BayLUG meeting. The meeting will take place at the Fremont Library in the Fukaya Room. The meeting hours are: members only from 10-1, and open to the public from 1-4. At 1pm we will be holding a train car building (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Legoland Tickets

I know that this may sound a bit odd, but I am trying to get hold of some used examples of the different entry tickets to Legoland California. I currently have a large collection of tickets from all the other Legolands but as yet nothing from (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Re: Today's my wedding day!

(...) Congrats.... And Goodluck with your honeymoon.... G,D,R Benjamin Medinets (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Today's my wedding day!

Hey folks! You probably didn't even know I was engaged! Nancy and I will be tying the knot at City Hall in SF at noon. Then we'll spend a blissfull four-day weekend in the city in this great little art deco motel we found out near the zoo. When I (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  SCLTC to display at upcoming Fullerton Railroad Days

May 4-5, 2002 Fullerton Railroad Days Fullerton Train Station, Fullerton, California, USA Southern California Lego Train Club (SCLTC) Our display has gown in size again! The display area will be 26’x33’, our largest yet! Our layout, with over 325’ (...) (22 years ago, 23-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Re: [BayLTC-GATS] In the bay area next week

(...) Chicken butt! (...) I'm free Monday evening. I think dinner, maybe at a pizza place, would be great. (...) Count me in. (...) Arrgh!!!! (...) Its been cool lately, but then its California, so you never know. -- Russell Clark Co-Founder, (...) (22 years ago, 19-Apr-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  In the bay area next week!`

Hi gang. Guess what? I have to go to SF for a customer meeting next week! (monday 22 april and tuesday 23 april 2002) Unfortunately it's only a one day thingy but I will be (if the plan holds together) flying in on Monday around noonish and will (...) (22 years ago, 19-Apr-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: ALOF Visits The US

Hello Avi! BayLUG will be holding our next meeting on Saturday, May 18 at 10am. You are welcome to join us. More info is at (URL) I don't know of any other LEGO activities in our area in May. I haven't done much shopping in stores lately, but I'm (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  ALOF Visits The US

Hello, My name is Avi Parvin, Lugnet member 1429, and I’ll be visiting the Bay Area during the month of May. Can you please recommend me about Lego activities, where to see and where to buy? Thanks in advance, Avi Parvin (22 years ago, 18-Apr-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Need LOTS of trans-orange flames!

Hey all, My little Burning Hell diorama has been expanded and I suddenly find myself short of trans-orange flames, something I thought would never happen (don't they seem to be EVERYWHERE?!). Anyway, I need about 50-75 more. Anyone who has some to (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  next BayLUG building contest

This has been on the BayLUG website for a week, so it is time to make the official announcement. Below is the text from the website: We will once again be holding a LEGO® building contest. The theme for this meeting is the Creative Train Car (...) (22 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Next Lugola meeting

(...) As a non-voting member, I'd like 20 April at that place, but of course I'm not a local and therefore will simply do my best to attend whenever it happens. Derek (22 years ago, 1-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Next Lugola meeting

Free is always the best! This place sounds pretty cool, provided there is enough room for all who wish to show off their MOC's and fish through Brian's buckets. I am definately in agreement for this location, if it is available. I was kinda hoping (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Next Lugola meeting

I know of a place in Santa Monica that is available for free. The World Cafe 2820 Main St. has an enclosed patio adjoining the bar. They have several small tables with chairs for about 50 people. Outdoor patio too. The owner said we just need to (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Next Lugola meeting

How about setting up a gathering in a public place? The role-playing group I used to run had our meetings at Round Table Pizza, in their private, walled-off meeting room. Since they knew we were buying pizza and drinks, they didn't care how many (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Next Lugola meeting

(...) No joke there! I saw more cool stuff at BW2002 than I've seen in quite some time. (...) Lae March/Early April was mentioned by more than a few people as a likely timeframe. The 'where' question can only be answered by the person(s) who wish to (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: building contest for the next BayLUG meeting

No...let's try best under-100 MOC using only Blue and Gold, contest open only to Cal Grads Paul Sinasohn '80 (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Next Lugola meeting

Alright, everyone I guess it is high time to start the discussions of our next meeting. Hopefully BricksWest inspired all of us to build bigger and better stuff. A few of us mentioned that early April would probably be best, now the bigger question (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: My Sante Fe 10020

(...) Thanks. Bear with me, I'm kinda new to all this train stuff. I dabbled in HO as a kid, and am only recently getting interested in LEGO trains. (...) Well I guess I don't get out much then :-/ --Bill. XFUT: back to lugnet.trains (22 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: My Sante Fe 10020

(...) They can run steady, or flash also... (...) Odd, & eliminates a turntable... Josh (22 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact