 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *5780 (-100)
  Re: Dates of New Lego Store openings?

Right after I made that post, I figured you of all people would speak up with irrevelant information. I was going to to say that the Central part of the South needed a Lego store, but I figured if you were going to flap your jaws to say some snide (...) (21 years ago, 11-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Dates of New Lego Store openings?

What-cha talking about Rob, we already have two in Georgia and one in Florida. Seems like they have the south taken care of....at least the part of the south I care about :) jt (...) (21 years ago, 11-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

Nah, there needs to be one down in the south! How about Arkansas, or western Tennessee, or even *gulp* Texas! -Rob *sensing an email from TJ ANY time now* Hendrix "BrickBuy" <pjanssen@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message news:HL02FL.1v1E@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 11-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Dates of New Lego Store openings?

(...) Columbus? Bah, Cleveland's the place to go! They're even building a brand new upscale shopping center not 5 minutes from my house. I'm telling you, that would be a great place to put a Lego store :) Adrian (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: Dates of New Lego Store openings?

(...) what? no Easton Town Center, Columbus OH ?! A top Mall with a top consumer market, well, maybe next round..... (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: Dates of New Lego Store openings?

(...) IMNSHO, that would be a mistake. it would make much more sense to open such a store in a toy'r'us deprived community, where that store would have much less competition and would have more chances at being profitable. Paris is the wrong place (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Dates of New Lego Store openings?

(...) It seems there are another two near London and in Moskow (see (URL) France, I'd bet they'll open one in Paris, once all major northern European cities have one ... Jürgen (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Dates of New Lego Store openings?

(...) Actually there are two in Europe, in Cologne and in Oberhausen, which is about 100km north of Cologne. One in Hamburg (further north) will open soon. I know that doesn't help you much ... (...) Seems to be a rather general problem in France. (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Dates of New Lego Store openings?

(...) any chance of lego opening branded stores in europe (specifically in france ???) Grenoble as a city is in a dire need of a store with a proper stock of lego sets of all kinds... Sincerly Amaury (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Dates of New Lego Store openings?

(...) Yeah I already got cornered, er, messaged about it ;-) If I find out when the grand openings are, I'll try to be there schedule permitting. -Tim (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: Dates of New Lego Store openings?

(...) Thanks! Very cool Jake! Now I just need to find people who are local to them so I can get some of those yummy Duplo Promo bricks! I need to add to my (URL) collection> ;) Mark P (URL) Land Of Bricks> (21 years ago, 8-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: Dates of New Lego Store openings?

(...) Can you tell us if these are seasonal stores? Woodfield had a shop last year - full retail :( but it was only open around the holiday shopping season, if I recall correctly. It was neat seeing the novelty items...pencil cases and stuff. (...) (21 years ago, 8-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: Dates of New Lego Store openings?

(...) This is the correct list. I'm not sure on dates (they are still working on the final dates), but will share them as soon as I get them. Jake --- Jake McKee Community Liason LEGO Community Development (LCD) (21 years ago, 8-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: Dates of New Lego Store openings?

(...) stores in NY, but he didn't tell me where. I'm guessing it's A) The one in Palisades Center, and B) possibly one in Manhattan, or one of the other four boroughs of NYC. Joe (so excited...he can hardly sleep at night) (21 years ago, 8-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Dates of New Lego Store openings?

Does anybody know when the new wave of USA Lego stores are going to open? This is the list of new stores as I know it: Solomon Pond Mall, MA - MA - Marlborough Paramus Park, NJ - NJ - Paramus Northbrook Court, IL - IL-Northbrook Glendale Galleria, (...) (21 years ago, 8-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: when will the new minifig scale LEM be available for australians to buy?

No, I mean the large scale LEM with the astronaut figs and the american flag. I already have the smaller LEM with the rocket, command module and lunar rover (21 years ago, 6-Sep-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: when will the new minifig scale LEM be available for australians to buy?

(...) Do you mean the Lunar Exploration Module which is part of the Discovery series (with Shuttle and Satelites)?? If so, I saw it in my local Kmart This Morning. (21 years ago, 6-Sep-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Last minute LUGOLA surprise....

I'll have my camera, fer shure. Color me intrigued! -Brian Reynolds (...) (21 years ago, 6-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Last minute LUGOLA surprise....

Duuu...uuude... Sorry I can't make for this :( -Anne ps I'm still looking for a lot of tan bricks (1xN,2xN) :) (...) -- For SCO to attack IBM using IP (\`--/') _ _______ .-r-. is somewhat like trying to eat >.~.\ `` ` `,`,`. ,'_'~`. a live tiger. (...) (21 years ago, 6-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Last minute LUGOLA surprise....

Hello everyone! While I was packing the car this evening the UPS guy showed up and dropped three packages at my feet. They greatly resembeled this post: (URL) that? Well, Jake came through for us....big time! I just tossed the boxes in the car and (...) (21 years ago, 6-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.lego.direct)

  when will the new minifig scale LEM be available for australians to buy?

Aparently, those in the US can already buy it. Can someone from Lego Direct please please find out when it will be on shop.lego.com with country set to Australia? (21 years ago, 5-Sep-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.space)

  Re: "What Will You Make?" Event Kits!

"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message news:HKJBr4.1JGM@lugnet.com... (...) birthplace (...) U.S., (...) one (...) things (...) Yeah :( I dont like that at ALL! Each time I ask the LEGO representative here in Norway about when I can (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: "What Will You Make?" Event Kits!

(...) You mean just on the other side of the Atlantic? :) Seriously, I see why it's much easier to do this sort of promotions in the U.S., lot's of fans in one country. Europe is also a lot of fans but not just one country. I still prefer Sweden (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Problems editing shopping cart at Lego

(...) Hi Jarid, Thanks a lot for reading my post. It's working again, and i placed my order this evening without any problems. Thanks a lot - Internet is amazing, isn't it? Regards, Ludo (21 years ago, 31-Aug-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.be)

  Re: "What Will You Make?" Event Kits!

(...) /.../ (...) Sometimes, it's kind of hard to believe that I live so close to the birthplace of LEGO... :) Tore Eriksson Sweden (21 years ago, 30-Aug-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: "Super Friction Specials" - Question at Jake / TLC

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> It doesn't answer the rest of your questions, but at least it looks like the new sets are okay: (URL) C. (21 years ago, 29-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: "What Will You Make?" Event Kits!

(...) I can't speak to that, but I can, again, say: jake AT lego DOT com Shoot me a line. Tell me what you need. How I can help. Inbox is open 24/7, and as many many people can tell you, I'll get back to pretty quickly. Jake --- Jake McKee Community (...) (21 years ago, 29-Aug-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: "What Will You Make?" Event Kits!

(...) I'm part of GardenSLUG - The New Jersey Fans of Lego. I made this with alot of the parts that came from the Event Kit: (URL) As soon as the packages arrived, I started building. At the end of the next day, I had the MOC completed. GardenSLUG (...) (21 years ago, 29-Aug-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: "What Will You Make?" Event Kits!

(...) -snip- (...) -snip- This is excellent news. I believe that LEGO Australia has been approached several times for support of local events, and their response has ranged from the negative to the very negative. Thanks! Richie Dulin (2 URLs) Port (...) (21 years ago, 28-Aug-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: Problems editing shopping cart at Lego

(...) Ludo, Thanks for the feedback. The problem should be resolved now. Please let us know if you experience any more difficulties using the shopping cart or checkout. Thanks, Jarid Jarid Lukin Commerce Business Manager LEGO Direct (21 years ago, 28-Aug-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.be)

  Re: "What Will You Make?" Event Kits!

Jake- this is great news and should be fun to see what people come up with! I am the secretary of the San Fraqncisco Motorcycle Club, the second-oldest club of this type in the US, and the oldest west of Yonkers, New York! I also hold the esteemed (...) (21 years ago, 28-Aug-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Lego, please release set 10076 at shop @ home

(...) I just noticed, that they have listened to our prayers. Thank you TLC Martin (21 years ago, 28-Aug-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: "What Will You Make?" Event Kits!

(...) Duh...forgot to add one VERY important thing to send me... where you want this delivered to! Jake --- Jake McKee Community Liason LEGO Community Development (21 years ago, 28-Aug-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: "What Will You Make?" Event Kits!

(...) Now now. For better or worse, our company budgets are localized. If I work with my NA colleagues to develop some program, it may or may not be picked up by their EU colleagues. I can't force them to do anything, and sometimes certain things (...) (21 years ago, 28-Aug-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: "What Will You Make?" Event Kits!

(...) Indeed. Sometimes there's a bright side, though. Not many non-North Americans lost money subscribing to the Gerber/Courtney Bricks Magazine, after all. :-) It is dissappointing that non-NA's miss out on LEGO Direct's community development. (...) (21 years ago, 28-Aug-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

"Bryan Wong" <green_paper@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HKAqvK.yrq@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) America (...) These event kits are great, we used one a few weeks ago when NCLTC participated in the Raleigh GATS show. An event kit contains the (...) (21 years ago, 28-Aug-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: "What Will You Make?" Event Kits!

Hello! (...) Nothing. Bye Jojo (10 URLs) I never make anything because I don't get any Event Kits. (21 years ago, 28-Aug-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: "What Will You Make?" Event Kits!

(...) Yes indeed! What do the ‘materials’ include? (Yah, probably Lego…ha ha, but at what quantities and what other non-building accessories are involved?) Thanx, --==Richard==-- (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: "What Will You Make?" Event Kits!

(...) At this point, no. They are supported by my N. American colleagues, but if the program goes well, then you never know what (or where!) next year will hold. Jake --- Jake McKee Community Liason LEGO Community Development (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: "What Will You Make?" Event Kits!

(...) Hi Jake, I was just wondering, what do these kits contain? -Bryan (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: "What Will You Make?" Event Kits!

(...)   (...) Hi Jake, This sounds very interesting! Any chance that these kits will be available to European clubs too? Regards Kecia Hansen President, Danish LEGO Club Byggepladen (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  "What Will You Make?" Event Kits!

More happy news! (Or at least, I think it's cool) Some of you may have heard about the "What Will You Make?" Event Kits that were shown at BrickFest. These event kits are a set of materials and ideas that you can use to add to an existing event, (...) (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.announce) !!

  "Super Friction Specials" - Question at Jake / TLC

Hi all! Over the past weeks we had to read nearly daily about "super fcriction wheel sets". I am glad that most of the AFOLs around have saved their humor on this topic and take it just as a minor drawback. On the other hand we will get the new (...) (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct) !

  Old stock re-appearing....possibly near you

All, I just got a call from a colleague in our sales department. They are working closely with the big chains this summer to clear out much of their old inventory to make way for newer products. While my colleagues were out and about all over the (...) (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, FTX) !

  Re: Problems editing shopping cart at Lego

(...) Ludo, I have the same problem on my computer at work, running IE5.5 on NT. I haven't bothered to try & fix it, I figure it stops me from wasting more time at work LOL, but I use IE6 on w98 at home, with no problem. Maybe a problem with IE5.5, (...) (21 years ago, 24-Aug-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.be)

  Re: Problems editing shopping cart at Lego

(...) Try another web browser such as Netscape 7, Mozilla or Opera I use Mozilla 1.4 and it works great on shop.lego.com, no crashes. (21 years ago, 24-Aug-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.be)

  Problems editing shopping cart at Lego

Hi, I do have a major problem when i want to order bulk bricks through the 'Shop At Home bulk brick' pages. I can add all kind of different items into my shopping cart without any problem, but, when i click on the EDIT button, to edit the quantities (...) (21 years ago, 24-Aug-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.be)

  Re: Dear lego, when is set 10029 comming out?

(...) Lunar Excursion Module The real one on the moon: (URL) Set 10129: (URL) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: Dear lego, when is set 10029 comming out?

(...) In this context: Lunar Excursion Module or "the lunar lander". Hope that helps. (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Dear lego, when is set 10029 comming out?

(...) What is LEM? (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Dear lego, when is set 10029 comming out?

Can someone at lego provide a release date for the 10029 minifig scale LEM? I wanna know so that I can buy one :) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Lego, please release set 10076 at shop @ home

So that the 99% of lego fans who cant get it have the opertunity to do so. I myself would love one (for the 36 teeth double bevel gears) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Question about the new trains

In lugnet.trains, Rob Hendrix wrote: Hi Rob, additinally to your theory there is another problem with the wheelsets: they are partly moulded wrong, as you easiely can recognise in this picture (2 URLs) Jake has told us long ago this was a mistake by (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: Question about the new trains

(...) What is the number to contact Lego? I have the same problem with a couple of Mot trains. Do you first send the used ones, or do you wait for the new ones and then send the old ones? Steve. (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Question about the new trains

(...) I have contacted LEGO regarding this issue as I was disappointed with the rolling status of the Sante-Fe wheels. LEGO said that if I wanted to they would exchange my wheels for new ones (one-to-one) and I would have to mail them in but that at (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Question about the new trains

(...) ... (...) ... I don't think so. We've been running some of the same trains at NCLTC for nine shows (some shows for over a month), and the well-run trains still work. The undercarriage is well-worn where the bogies touch the plates, but the (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  LEGO Digital Designer Review

LEGO® Digital Desginer Review I got to playing around with LEGO® Digital Designer 1.0 (LDD) this weekend, and thought a review is in order. This is from a college student standpoint. I am not a programmer by trade, but fairly adept at learning to (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Question about the new trains

(...) Yikes! Hadn't thought of that. I'll have to check this out on my wheel-sets. If this is true it means that over time I'll be back in the same mess again! From Cary Clark's reply to my post it sounds like this could be the case that perhaps the (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Digital Designer

I went to install it on my laptop and it wouldn't run because I have less than required video RAM. It looks like a nice program from the screen views and write up though. Rob "Marc Sutton" <ashre@iname.com> wrote in message (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  LEGO Digital Designer

LEGO Digital Designer 1.0 has been released and you can download it at: (URL) has many more bricks than the beta, a new placement mode that doesn't stick to connections, a hinge tool and built in help. Try it out and let us know what you think. -- (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Unbelievable infringement of copyright

Well, I tattled on eBay member "hocece" to eBay. Here as their auto-reply -- and judging by the response, we'll never know if anything gets done about it. Thank you for your report. We would like to let you know that we have received your email and (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Unbelievable infringement of copyright

(...) Actually, the more relevent issue is that the above auction is listed in LEGO > Sets > Other, which is a clear violation of Ebay's listing policies (URL) have of course notified Ebay of this (and I'm sure that by this point others have as (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Job Opening with First - Volunteer Resources Manager

Our friends at First (the group that runs First LEGO League) have just posted the job opening below. This position is not associated with the LEGO Company, but I figured this would be of interest to folks here. === Position Posting Volunteer (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: We have come a long way, but there is further to go...

(...) We recently talked with Kate Sutch from LEGO Direct about this and the reason for them NOT making more sets is quite easy... the staff has put a limit on the amount of SKU's, and each division of LEGO needs to fight for it's amount of new (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jul-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Hear! Hear!

(...) still (...) grey, (...) corner, as (...) 75 (...) could (...) fairly (...) we (...) think (...) be (...) that (...) rooftops). I couldn't agree with you more on this one, Richard. The continuing lack of convex and concave corners of any kind (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jul-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  We have come a long way, but there is further to go...

Hey Y'all: It has been a long time since I have posted anything like the comments I am about to make. One reason for the absence of such comments is that the advent of Lego Direct has made more frequent such postings largely unnecessary -- that is, (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Wal-Mart in USA now sells "LEGOS"

It seems that in the latest round of in-store rearranging, several things have changed at Walmart stores. The ones I visited now have Black signage with white lettering that hang from the store shelving. The new sign for Lego® brand building toys is (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LDD Introductions

I downloaded LDD immediately at the time, but I didn't get to responding before. My main regret is that the system requirements and program size (download time) are so bloatingly huge. After I dowloaded the whole thing and installed it, I was (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: LDD Introductions

(...) Hi Chuck, The problem with corrupt or missing thumbnails is a known issue on GeForce2GTS and GeForce256 cards, and possibly some others. It will be fixed in the final release but here's a workround in the meantime: Edit C:\Program Files\LEGO (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: LDD Feedback (Was: LDD Introductions)

(...) I definitely agree. (...) BlockCAD? (...) Ditto. (...) Definite usability problem there. (...) You can edit the file ...\LEGO Digital Designer\database\ui...onment.xml to change the baseplate size. (...) All-in-all, I agree with everything (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  LDD Feedback (Was: LDD Introductions)

(...) the (...) these (...) More seriously ... Feedback from a computer-literate 43 y-o using a laptop configured primarily for work purposes rather than for gaming or graphics-intensive apps (mobile AMD Athlon XP1800 with 256M RAM, 40G hard drive, (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LDD Introductions

(...) The ancient legends from our Dreamtime tell of our people travelling in the stomach of the giant white bird Goorgoorgaga to distant shores. Could these stories really be true? Kerry (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: LDD Introductions

"Jake McKee" <sink@countersinkdg.com> wrote in message news:HGEGox.Co2@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) is the (...) discussing (...) I had alread sent a note to that address prior to my post, just thought I would share my results as part of (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LDD Introductions

(...) Actually, I replied about a week and a half ago or so in a different post. I'll reiterate the key points here to be helpful. I'm glad to see that you've finally released a public beta. I am disappointed that the program use the binary form of (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: LDD Introductions

(...) For all bug issues, please send a note to: digitaldesigner@lego.com. That is the best place to send these issues. Martin and Marc will be focused on discussing non-Beta issues. Thanks! Jake --- Jake McKee Community Developmemt Manager LEGO (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LDD Introductions

"Chuck Sommerville" <chucks@he.net> wrote in message news:HGEDpG.21rC@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) think they (...) I (...) I am unable to get it to run. The README file suggests deleting this file: C:\Documents and Settings\(user name)\Local (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LDD Introductions

I can't believe nobody has replied to this yet! I am excited about this new software. I downloaded it and tried it out. The only problem I had was the bitmap versions of the parts inventory on the right of the screen did not render properly. At (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  LDD Introductions

Hello all! As you know, we recently released (URL) LEGO Digital Designer>. We are privledged to have two developers from this team who will float around the discussions here and answer some of the questions that come up. As you can imagine, these (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: Updated lego.com: Fresh'n'Clean

(...) Dear LEGO, Although I liked the homepage described previously, I'm not thrilled with the new: "kid getting shot in the head" version. :-\ -Suz (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Lego Digital Designer Feedback

I emailed the feedback email address and I got back: Your message To: digitaldesigner@lego.com Subject: feedback on Lego Digital Designer beta Sent: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 06:08:19 -0400 did not reach the following recipient(s): DIGITALDESIGNER@LEGO.COM on (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Star Wars MINI Kit II -- Error in Shop-At-Home Description: TIE Bomber?

(...) Just noticed they fixed it now. (21 years ago, 4-Jun-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Four LEGO Auctions on eBay – All For Charity!

Sorry about the cancelled post... I chose the newsgroups incorrectly. ======= Four LEGO Auctions on eBay – All For Charity! The LEGO Company created a year-long program to raise awareness and funds for the Hartford-based (URL) Connecticut Children’s (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, FTX) !!

  Re: Star Wars MINI Kit II -- Error in Shop-At-Home Description: TIE Bomber?

(...) I belive Paul was refering to the fact that you get the pieces for a y-wing not a tie bomber with the second wave sets. (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars MINI Kit II -- Error in Shop-At-Home Description: TIE Bomber?

(...) The capital T after Bomber must be a TM (Trade Mark) sign. It is correct now. If it is not with you, I think your settings may be wrong? Jaco (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Star Wars MINI Kit II -- Error in Shop-At-Home Description: TIE Bomber?

Noticed this on Shop-At-Home. Must be a copy and paste error. Not sure if (or who) I should email (at) LD to warn them or maybe Jake will read this and tell the appropriate person. Wouldn't want a bunch of folks calling up demanding TIE Bomber (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  (canceled)

  Cargo Train 4512 missing decals

I received the Cargo Train yesterday and built it late last evening. I didn't find the decals. I emailed Lego Direct and should hear a response Monday. I'm not too worried about getting the decals. From my experiences so far, LD is great with (...) (21 years ago, 31-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) A lot of positive feedback on this, but I guess I'll play devil's advocate. If it's for kids, why are you marketing it with such an adultish, high-tech name: Digital Designer? The name sounds like some kind of powerful software program that (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) If this license is still not yet determined, I STRONGLY urge you to make sure your lawyers are famailiar with the Debian Free Software Guidelines. They are oriented towards a particular Linux distribution but are generally accepted to be a (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) For Perl (I think this is also true for Python) you would only need an API definition and a binary DLL or library for linux. The connection would be via XS (what I use) or SWIG. I done quite a bit of interfacing C to Perl. I think C++ is (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) Actually, I *can* imagine. I work at a large institution and have to deal with this sort of thing all the time. :) But I'm hopeful, as many companies have gone through those legal and business issues before and come out on the right side. (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) Well, to me the point is to get out to as many people as possible. However, as I have stated a number of times, we are still early in the process and have a great many questions to answer. There are legal and business issues like you wouldn't (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) Sure. This message: (URL). Todd says: OK, sounds like, at least initially, the SDK source would only go to a few people for the express purpose of porting the SDK to other platforms. If it's the case that LEGO doesn't want the whole world to (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) Must be late in the day... I didn't follow what you are asking. Can you point me to the info you are referring to, or perhaps rephrase your question? Thanks! Jake --- Jake McKee Community Development Manager - B.I. Portal (URL) (21 years ago, 4-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) I'm a bit concerned about some things I read in other posts, though. Particularly, what do you mean by "release" and by "community"? From your answer to Todd's question on Python/Perl, it sounds like "release" means "not really release", and (...) (21 years ago, 4-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) We're trying! I think at this point, after - being a (adult) fan myself for at least 5 years - having worked for LEGO Direct for almost 3 years - meeting so many folks via email/Instant Message/in person/phone that I have a pretty good idea of (...) (21 years ago, 4-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) Hey, wow, sounds like you "get it". :) Thanks! (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) Hi Jack, I appreciate the effort the LEGO company seems to deploy just to please its adult and child customers. Whatever sparse/complete the part library, whatever basic/advanced the tools, I am sure the LCAD world will be better after LXF (...) (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) One point of clarification... I meant that we were putting our own efforts into LXF (not LXF overtaking LDraw). Sorry for any confusion! Jake --- Jake McKee Community Development Manager - N. America LEGO Direct (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) I agree this is sound reasoning. In fact with my knowledge of logistics, I will say I kind of expected this response. ...Of course the AFOL in me wishes it could be different... :) (...) One of the natures of this community we've been talking (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact