 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5747
Re: "What Will You Make?" Event Kits!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 13:19:19 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.lego.direct, Richie Dulin wrote:

   What will YOU make?

Nothing.

Indeed.

Sometimes there’s a bright side, though. Not many non-North Americans lost money subscribing to the Gerber/Courtney Bricks Magazine, after all. :-)

Now now.

For better or worse, our company budgets are localized. If I work with my NA colleagues to develop some program, it may or may not be picked up by their EU colleagues. I can’t force them to do anything, and sometimes certain things work in one country that might not work as well in another. We provide very hefty support for LEGOWorld (European), but don’t do something similar in NA.

I’m very interested to hear from the Australians (or anyone else around the world for that matter), and I’m always open to talk about what I/we can do to help you out.

   It is dissappointing that non-NA’s miss out on LEGO Direct’s community development.

I don’t know that I would agree that “non-NAs” miss out. My colleague Kate is currently working with Germany, UK, Holland, and parts of Asia. She is expanding her contacts across Europe and Asia on a daily basis.

   Australia is small market... hmmm... you’d almost think some ‘community development’ might help change that though!

I would love to talk to you about this if you have ideas, or need support. We aren’t ignoring you or anything like that. I can only do so much in the course of a day. So much of the support and interaction of the LEGO Commmunity Development Team is reactive, responding to fans who ask for help, or have ideas they want to pull off. Or if I have heard certain requests time and again, I may do something proactive based on this feedback.

Besides, I don’t do a lot of proactive because I know that some people/clubs/groups don’t have a lot of interest in working with the company. That’s completely fine in my book. The way I look at it, you (person/club/group) know what you need better than I do. You know what you are looking for. And you know how to contact me when you are ready.

As I’ve said many times, my inbox is always open. Drop me a line (jake AT lego DOT com). Tell me what you need. Share with me what you’re doing. I’m here to help. I only have so much time in a day, so help me out and tell me your out there. Tell me what you need. Tell me how I can help.

Looking forward to hearing from you Richie, et. al.!

Jake

--
Jake McKee
Community Liason