 Off-Topic / Debate / 22004
Re: "What Will You Make?" Event Kits!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 06:52:38 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richie Dulin wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bryan Wong wrote:
   In lugnet.lego.direct, Richie Dulin wrote:

   I would love to talk to you about this if you have ideas, or need support. We aren’t ignoring you or anything like that.

-snip-

This is excellent news. I believe that LEGO Australia has been approached several times for support of local events, and their response has ranged from the negative to the very negative.

With an attitude like that, no wonder their response is negative!

-Bryan

Just noticed a typo in my original response to Bryan’s ludicrous post:

Huh?

Do you mean my attitude is the reason that their response is negative? Or do you mean something else?

Maybe I didn’t make the statement clearly. Here goes:

In the past, Australians have approached LEGO Australia to support the public exhibition of LEGO trains at established model train exhibitions in Sydney and Brisbane (at least).

This sentence:

   I think this counts as a negative response.

Should have gone after the next sentence.

   LEGO Australia has not proven helpful.

   IIRC (and I think I do in this case), their response in one case included words to the effect “Well, we can’t STOP you from exhibiting LEGO trains”. I think this counts as a very negative response.

I strongly feel that Jake’s offer to listen to requests for assistance is excellent.

The only part of my post which you quoted that contained my ‘attitude’ was that this news was excellent.

I also point out that I made neither approach to LEGO Australia. So my attitude could not have had an influence on their response.

So what does “With an attitude like that, no wonder their response is negative!” mean? I’m at a loss to understand it... I mean, I know what the words you’ve used mean, but, as I said: Huh?

And still I say ‘Huh?’

Adieu

Richie Dulin

   Port Brique