 Off-Topic / Debate / 22011
Re: "What Will You Make?" Event Kits!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 1 Sep 2003 00:04:33 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bryan Wong wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richie Dulin wrote:
   Huh?

Snip!

   LEGO Australia has not proven helpful. IIRC (and I think I do in this case), their response in one case included words to the effect “Well, we can’t STOP you from exhibiting LEGO trains”. I think this counts as a very negative response.

Why would LEGO Australia reply with such a response?

I don’t know! First you think I’ve offended LEGO Australia so much with my attitude that they won’t assist with events, and now you think I can read their minds?

   What prompted it?

Approaches for assitance! Did you not read the post? Here, let me quote it for you:

“I believe that LEGO Australia has been approached several times for support of local events, and their response has ranged from the negative to the very negative.”

   So what does “With an attitude like that, no wonder their response is negative!” mean? I’m at a loss to understand it... I mean, I know what the words you’ve used mean, but, as I said: Huh?

The impression I get from your original message is a very sarcastic one, especially when you say “their response has ranged from the negative to the very negative”.

Their responses did range from the negative to the very negative. Fact.

   If you weren’t trying to be sarcastic, then allow me to apologize.

Otherwise, I stand by my “ludicrous” reply. There are much more constructive ways of communicating with others, especially when they represent the company whose support you are seeking.

Indeed there are. But once again: I did not communicate with LEGO Australia over approaches for help. Indeed, in my only dealings with LEGO Australia (in 1979, 1999 and 2001) I have found them to be very helpful.

I thank you for your advice, and will pay due heed to it in future.

Adieu

Richie Dulin

   Port Brique
Somewhere in the South Pacifique