 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5739
5738  |  5740
Subject:
"What Will You Make?" Event Kits!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.announce
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 20:02:13 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

More happy news! (Or at least, I think it's cool)

Some of you may have heard about the "What Will You Make?" Event Kits that were
shown at BrickFest. These event kits are a set of materials and ideas that you
can use to add to an existing event, help create a new event, whatever! These
kits were developed in conjunction with my colleagues in marketing to help
spread the word about the new "return to core building" line.

LEGO® What Will You Make? is a new line of construction toys that celebrates the
core LEGO values of creativity, imagination and fun through classic, open-ended
construction.

Sound familiar? It should, because you helped to make it a reality. What Will
You Make? is the LEGO Company’s brand-new "back to basics" line. No big story,
no movie tie-in, no razz and dazzle, just good old fashioned building with
bricks. We’re really thrilled about the great possibilities that the new line
can offer to the LEGO creators of today and tomorrow, and we hope that you’ll
enjoy it as much as we’ve enjoyed bringing it to you.

Over the past several years, we’ve seen a huge and very exciting increase in the
number of local events put together and run by fans. At the same time, we’ve
gotten lots of questions about how we can help to support these fan activities
and all the hard work and dedication of their organizers. Over the years, some
of you have asked about obtaining promotional items like banners and signs.
Others have requested suggestions and ideas for their events.

To help fulfill those requests, we have put together this event kit. We are
using this opportunity to try to help answer questions, and empower you to
create your own events and activities. At the same time you help spread the word
about the triumphant return of classic LEGO "core" building. Please feel free to
use these items and ideas, or to come up with your own. As always, what you
create is up to you. If you feel like using certain components and not others,
that’s entirely up to you. Just have fun!

Together, we can show the world just how cool classic LEGO building really is!

If you are interested in getting a kit for your club/group, please drop me an
email (jake AT lego DOT com) with these details:

Club/Group Name
Club/Group Location
Club/Group Website URL
Initial goal for kit (what are you thinking of doing?)

NOTE: If you are requesting a kit on behalf of a train club, the ILTCO.org site
has setup an easy to use webform that you will need to fill out and submit.
Please contact ILTCO about your request.

The only cost for these kits is to send me pictures of what you do with the
materials! First come, first served. (At this time, this is North America only.)

What will YOU make?

Jake
---
Jake McKee