 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5738
5737  |  5739
Subject:
"Super Friction Specials" - Question at Jake / TLC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 18:04:56 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi all!

Over the past weeks we had to read nearly daily about "super fcriction wheel
sets". I am glad that most of the AFOLs around have saved their humor on this
topic and take it just as a minor drawback.

On the other hand we will get the new train sets delivered in a few weeks and I
think I am not the only one who is in fear that these new sets might still come
with the defected wheel sets.

For us - as AFOLs with some skill to use a scalpell and with the knowledge of
the quality lack of the wheel sets - it is no big deal to "repair" them. But
what about kids? What about newbies in the field of LEGO® trains? They will have
no chance to drive a new train in a sufficiant way. I fear these customers might
be really disappointed about TLC and the quality of its products.

And even IF they called the service hotline they will get replacement wheel sets
that are no way better than the ones they have had.

So here comes my question at Jake (as our TLC contact person) and at TLC in
general: Could you PLEASE give us an update about this quality issue?

We gave you feedback over months and we have exactely told you what kind of
problem we have with your product. We heard then, that there was in fact a
problem with a third party supplier. And that the right persons inside TLC had
been informed about this problems.

But that is "ages" ago: still there is no chance to get reliable replacements
(as far as I have read here and at 1000steine). And even worse: possibly all new
train sets still might suffer under defected wheel sets. :-(

Jake, could you please be so kind and leave us a short feedback about actions
that have been taken since the problem was named here?

Will the new sets come with wheel sets in the quality as we have known in the
early 90ies?

Do all S@H-Sets still have the defected wheel sets in them, or has there now
been a new production run (at least for certain sets?) and those are (partly) ok
from any given date on?

Thanks for your time - any feedback is highly welcome!

Ben