 CAD / 9919
Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 2 May 2003 14:47:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jake McKee writes:

- "Would LEGO like to see LXF replace LDraw someday? " - Only if you want it
to. For what it's worth, that's where we are putting our energies, and if
you like it then hop on. But if you (you meaning the community) doesn't like
it, then just ignore it and carry on with the LDraw file format. We know LXF
is a new unproven format, and that the LDraw file format has many strengths,
and may continue to have some advantages over LXF. We also know there are
some some shortcomings with the LDraw file format, which is why we are
attempting to create a next generation format. We're not trying to have a
battle of formats, just put our own new internal format out there for others
to use and if you like it, great! If you want to tell us what you don't like
about it or think should be changed, great!

One point of clarification... I meant that we were putting our own efforts
into LXF (not LXF overtaking LDraw). Sorry for any confusion!

Jake
---
Jake McKee
Community Development Manager - N. America
LEGO Direct