 CAD / 9918
Re: Tool for part authors: rings and cones
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 2 May 2003 14:40:30 GMT

Cool, I like, I like.

The only thing I can think of that would make this complete (IMO) is adding
a height calculator for the cones.  Somewhere you enter the total height,
and it gives you the height scalars for the individual cones.  Shouldn't be
too hard, once you calculate the lateral scalars.

Prior to this, I just used a guess and iterate process to find the
appropriate combinations.  This is so much handier.  Thanks!

John

In lugnet.cad, Niels Karsdorp writes:
Being a parts author, I often needed a ring or cone
that had to be made up out of more than one ring or
cone primitive. To make it easier and quicker to find
the required primitives and their scaling I created
an application that gives me all the possible
combinations of rings or cones to match the given
inner radius and outer radius. As I found this tool
very useful, I finaly had some time to make this
tool ready to be published, so it can be used by
any parts author who finds this tool useful, too.

http://home.hetnet.nl/~niels-karsdorp/ldraw/utils.htm

And of course, it's freeware ;-)

Play well

Niels