 CAD / 10275
Re: LDD Introductions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 07:34:12 GMT

I downloaded LDD immediately at the time, but I didn’t get to responding before.

My main regret is that the system requirements and program size (download time) are so bloatingly huge. After I dowloaded the whole thing and installed it, I was shocked to be told that my pc didn’t meet the requirements.

I realise my 3-year old machine is obsolete by cutting-edge gamers’ standards, but it was top-notch at the time and I haven’t come across many software that I couldn’t run or reasonably use. However by lack of memory, LDD runs so slow that I can’t even effectively control the mouse pointer. And by all means, this is supposed to be a kids tool, not a professional CAD-CAM suite. Moreover, I didn’t notice that many features in the program to justify such system requirements.

Personally I’ll be fine using LDRAW/MLCAD, but I still wanted to raise the issue, meant as goodhearted feedback. If this issue is not adressed by the development team I suspect it will cause serious problems when getting the software out to the market.