 CAD / 10230
Re: LDD Feedback (Was: LDD Introductions)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 10:14:02 GMT

Kerry Raymond wrote:
It did not take much building before I was wishing that my brick
selection was "sticky"

I definitely agree.

Similarly I found myself spontaneously right-clicking to rotate my
brick,

BlockCAD?

The brick selection menu is a little bit confusing.  I was bothered
at first by the exaggerated perspective of the brick shape

Ditto.

However, a more significant problem was the
difficulty of selecting larger bricks as all bricks are shown in the
same size

Definite usability problem there.

I notice that the baseplate in the beta is 20x20. I assume the final
version will allow a much larger footprint to be chosen (my MOCs
generally have a footprint of about 96x32).

You can edit the file ...\LEGO Digital Designer\database\ui\environment.xml
to change the baseplate size.

All-in-all, it is looking pretty good for a first beta release.

All-in-all, I agree with everything Kerry said.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery/index.htm