 Trains / 20254
20253  |  20255
Subject:
Cargo Train 4512 missing decals
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 31 May 2003 19:43:08 GMT

I received the Cargo Train yesterday and built it late last evening. I didn't
find the decals. I emailed Lego Direct and should hear a response Monday. I'm
not too worried about getting the decals. From my experiences so far, LD is
great with customers. Is anyone else in the US/Canada missing decals for 4512?

I didn't misplace the decals because I opened and built the set in an
uncluttered room. No elements were missing. I triple checked to see if they were
tucked in the instruction booklet or other fliers in the box. Therefore I'm 99%
certain they were left out...there's always the 1% doubt though. This is the
second set I've ever purchased new that was incomplete. The first, the Train
Track Snow Remover was missing a rubber band and I was only half sure that it
didn't come with it. The rubber band could have easily sprung its way away from
my dining room table into Christmas clutter obscurity. LD sent a free one within
a week after a phone call after I said I wasn't sure if I'd lost it or if it was
left out. Thank you LD! I also had an electric train motor in the Load N' Haul
Railroad that died within a year. I called LD and they shipped a new one and
only asked me to send the defective one back (in their prepaid package). That
was back in 1993 when we were first started buying Lego trains. If LD wouldn't
have been so consumer friendly back then I may not have ended up an AFOL.

I like the Cargo Train and am glad that I bought it but...if anyone who's a new
train enthusiast is contemplating purchasing a cargo train, I'd recommend the
4565 Freight & Crain Railway. I purchased this set for my son in 1997 and
remember the fun he (we;-) had building it. At 966 elements, it's a better value
per brick (544 for the Cargo Train).  It may be sold out well before the new
Cargo Train so for recent train enthusiasts ages 6 to 99, I would recommend
4565.

That's my two cents worth.

Bert Waters