 LEGO Company / 1796
Re: Top secret project - we need your help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.color
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2004 19:43:28 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Aaron West wrote:
   In lugnet.lego, Roy Gal wrote:
   In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:

The Bulk Bricks survey allows you to choose up to 20 items each with up to 10 colors. You can only take the survey once per AFOL, so choose wisely! (But don’t worry…Richard’s super duper “Parts Shopping Cart” allows you to change and modify your selection for days) Jake

---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison
LEGO Community Development

Cool tool! Unfortunately, some things that would be nice, like a rolling garage door pack, require adding 3 or 4 elements to the cart. Same for windows plus panes, and left/right doors. But it’s a great idea!

Roy

I knew others would think of that also! I think that considering what most people will put into a vote of 20 or so parts, it’ll round out in the end. I voted for a lot of plants and a nice assortment of earth tone basic bricks.

-Aaron- President of the Society of Blade Cutters, Electric Department.

I went for lots of SNOT parts, as well as the parts to make big trees and the small baseplates that should be made available separately.

Flex tubing is also a must! It’s great for pneumatics (rigid tubes mean less balloon effect) as well as details such as railings.

I could have picked 100 parts, but I figured that bricks would still be in bulk if anything was, as they are already. 1x1 tiles for lettering are essential as I keep running out of them in several colours.

I also use a lot of Technic liftarms and angle joints. I hated the fact that the #4 angle joint didn’t come out in sets at the same time at the #3 and #5 joints.

I also picked some parts in as many shades of green as possible, for doing scenery.

Since each of us has their own building agenda, I sadly doubt whether my single vote for some parts will ever materialise as bulk parts at a reasonable price. The price in bulk packs must be at least comparable to sets to make a purchase viable. Sadly the parts in Technic bulk packs are twice the price of parts in sets :-(

Mark