 LEGO Company / 1737
Re: Top secret project - we need your help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.color
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2004 23:20:31 GMT

This is excellent news Richard!  Would be happy to help in any way I can
although I don't know how much that could be since I don't live anywhere
close to a PaB.  Rumor has it that they are getting some form of PaB at the
Lego outlet close by.  If that comes through then you can count on me to
keep updated information available for the site.

Thanks for all your effort!
Greg

"BrikTrak.com" <rjmorton@AT4imprintNOSPAM.com> wrote in message

"Greg Muri" <gmuri1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
VERY cool survey there Jake/Richard!  It will be interesting to see what
impact this has on the selection of parts available at PaB.

On a side note.  Is anyone at Lego working on a resource that will • present
the current PaB selections to a wider market?  It would be most helpful • if
there were somewhere that had a reasonably updated listing of the • elements
available at the various stores.  This would allow a much wider group of
customers to take advantage of this great concept.  Personally the • closest
PaB to me is over 8 hours away.  This means that the only way to take
advantage is ordering over the phone.  With the quantity of different • parts,
it just isn't practical to get an accurate idea of what you might be • missing
during a phone call.

Funny you should meantion that Greg - I am working on precisely that type • of
application. If you go to the PaBTrak homepage at www.pabtrak.com , in the
right hand panel, there is a VERY brief explanation of what the site is
going to be;

"What is PaBTrak.com?
The main functionality of PaBTrak.com is currently under development and
will be available shortly.
This site will be the place to come to find out which LEGO® pieces are
available for purchase at Pick-A-Brick in the LEGO® stores worldwide.
PaBTrak.com will be launching soon, so watch out for announcements in all
the usual places!"

The site is being written right now and should be ready soon(ish). I am
hoping to get as much help from various sources both from inside the LEGO
company and from members of the community as well.
Oh - and based on the current experience of my server, I'll be ordering a
brand new one before I launch the site!!

The site is very much intended to be by the community, for the community • and
I will be posting a request for help message within a few weeks so those • who
may want to help can volunteer.
Stay tuned for more information!

Hope it helps,
Richard