 LEGO Company / 1749
Re: Top secret project - we need your help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.color
Date:
Wed, 12 May 2004 07:11:52 GMT

BrikTrak.com wrote:
Funny you should meantion that Greg - I am working on precisely that type of
application. If you go to the PaBTrak homepage at www.pabtrak.com , in the
right hand panel, there is a VERY brief explanation of what the site is
going to be;
Hi, Richard,

first things first, could you please use your name instead of
"BrikTrak.com" for the postings? I tend to communicate with people, not
with a website...

This PAB tracker is the first sensible idea by Lego since the general
introduction of the PABs, and is long overdue. Nice to see that this
kind of service might one day come from the point where the information
is available first-hand instead of the necessity to rely on the fans
efforts to do this (there is already a working PAB tracker on the net,
in case you did not know, but it has to rely on sightings by the users,
and has some other shortcomings).

A capability to mail order those bricks would be a great idea not only
for those who have to drive for a day to reach the nearest one.

A possibilty to tell TLC "I am missing this brick in that colour (and
would purchase X kilograms)" would be a nice addition to get useful
feedback for you (instead of that disoriented survey you and Jake
conduct where nobody knows what it will yield).

Yours, Christian