 LEGO Company / 1761
Re: Top secret project - we need your help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.color
Date:
Wed, 12 May 2004 16:23:56 GMT

Hey Jake, This seems like it could lead to some very cool things in the future. I did the survey with no problems just a few minutes ago.

A few comments:

First, why doesn’t TLC just run an online PaB store? I live 8 hours away from the nearest PaB, so I can only get out there maybe once per year. If there was an online PaB, it would make things much easier.

Next, if this survey is so TLC can decide what new bulk packs to make, you should group associated items together. For example, I much prefer bulk packs with a good mix of bricks than bulk packs with 100 of the same brick. (unless the brick is the standard 2x4)

The same with roof slopes. I prefer those packs of mixed 45 degree slopes (with doubles and corners, etc) that were once available to the packs that contain 100 of the 2x2 slope.

I added all of the 75 degree slopes to my list, but if they were made available as a bulk pack, I would prefer it be a mixed pack. They should also create a double concave 75 degree slope.

Adding windows was a pain because if you wanted the window frame, the windows, shutters, etc, it used up multiple slots in the cart.

Minifig parts would be great. I suppose they were left out because printed parts were left out. Maybe the next iteration will have them?

My Cool Idea:

It would be nice if you made a bag of random minifig parts. Each pack could contain 10 heads, 10 torso assemblies, 10 leg assemblies, 10 headgears, 5 neckwear/bodywear, and 15 weapons/shields/utensils and then sell it for $10 on S@H with the bulk bag discount applying.

You could make some heads and torsos rarer than others. Like an easy to get head or torso might appear once in every 5 bags, while a hard to get head or torso might appear once in every 20 bags. As long as most of the head and torso printings were pretty general, people would find a use for most of the parts and trade or sell the rest. There could even be a few new torso, head, and shield printings made specifically for this pack.

I think people would buy these by the dozens.