 LEGO Company / 1765
Re: Server upgraded and hopefully fixed! (Was: Top secret project - we need your help)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.color
Date:
Wed, 12 May 2004 17:35:12 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Richard Morton wrote:
Really sorry for the trouble that some users had - we knew this survey would
be popular, but never in my wildest dreams think we would generate the
traffic it did. FYI - yesterday traffic to the PaBTrak website was 3 times
the amount that my company's website had. My companies website is one of the
busier ones out there and runs on a 6 webserver, 4 database server farm,
made up of very powerful machines. The PaBTrak server by comparision runs on
an old underpowered single server - so in hindsight, I'm not suprised it
stuggled!

Another example of just how active the online AFOL community really is.  I, for
one, filled out the survey within a few hours of seeing the announcement.

It was a hard survey to fill out (picking only 20 parts was the hardest part).
Once I decided to concentrate on one of my favorite themes, it was much easier.

Jeff