 LEGO Company / 1730
Re: Top secret project - we need your help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.color
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2004 21:36:07 GMT

"Greg Muri" <gmuri1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
VERY cool survey there Jake/Richard!  It will be interesting to see what
impact this has on the selection of parts available at PaB.

On a side note.  Is anyone at Lego working on a resource that will present
the current PaB selections to a wider market?  It would be most helpful if
there were somewhere that had a reasonably updated listing of the elements
available at the various stores.  This would allow a much wider group of
customers to take advantage of this great concept.  Personally the closest
PaB to me is over 8 hours away.  This means that the only way to take
advantage is ordering over the phone.  With the quantity of different • parts,
it just isn't practical to get an accurate idea of what you might be • missing
during a phone call.

Funny you should meantion that Greg - I am working on precisely that type of
application. If you go to the PaBTrak homepage at www.pabtrak.com , in the
right hand panel, there is a VERY brief explanation of what the site is
going to be;

"What is PaBTrak.com?
The main functionality of PaBTrak.com is currently under development and
will be available shortly.
This site will be the place to come to find out which LEGO® pieces are
available for purchase at Pick-A-Brick in the LEGO® stores worldwide.
PaBTrak.com will be launching soon, so watch out for announcements in all
the usual places!"

The site is being written right now and should be ready soon(ish). I am
hoping to get as much help from various sources both from inside the LEGO
company and from members of the community as well.
Oh - and based on the current experience of my server, I'll be ordering a
brand new one before I launch the site!!

The site is very much intended to be by the community, for the community and
I will be posting a request for help message within a few weeks so those who
may want to help can volunteer.
Stay tuned for more information!

Hope it helps,
Richard