 LEGO Company / 1786
1785  |  1787
Subject:
More - hopefully final - fixes! (Re: Top secret project - we need your help)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.color
Date:
Thu, 13 May 2004 05:33:36 GMT

"Ross Crawford" <rosscraw@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
In lugnet.lego, John Radtke wrote:
In lugnet.lego, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:
You can fill out the survey (just once per AFOL!) at:

<http://www.pabtrak.com/survey/>

Ummmm ok, thats 3 times it's mysteriously blown away my cart when I add • the
19th or 20th item, I'm not wasting any more time on this until you can
guarantee I'll be able to complete my submission. Maybe LEGO could • provide a
high-spec server for this?

ROSCO

This is what's happening to me now since the server upgrade as well. • Instead
of getting the error page previously reported by many, the offending • item
will be added to the cart, but all previous cart contents have • disappeared.

I can get 20 items in no problem if I only choose 1-3 colors each. When • I
pick 8-10 colors per part I invariably get the cart blown away before it • is
full. Are other people generally maxing out their color selections?

Hmmmmm yes, maybe not maxxing out, but I entered 9 or 10 colours for about • half
my list. This may have something to do with it.

ROSCO

Just a follow up to this - tonight I have been working with Rosco to examine
this problem in more detail and try and work through it.
The good news is that I was finally able to simulate the problem and as soon
as I did, I realised what the solution was.
So, I have fixed the site tonight and this seems to have FINALLY done the
trick.
To test, I was creating carts with 100's of items in all colors and the site
didn't flinch once. Whereas before the update, it would generate the above
error more times than not. (before you ask - no, I didn't submit the test
baskets into the survey results - that would be very unfair! Also -no, I am
not going to let anyone have access to the test page that allows them to
pick 100's of items for the survey ; ) )

Once again - sorry for the problems that some of you have had - this really,
really really should finally put paid to the carts blowing out problem.

Richard.