 FAQ / 77
Re: Format of FAQ items
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Sat, 24 Apr 1999 04:58:44 GMT

In lugnet.faq, jsproat@geocities.com (Sproaticus) writes:
[...]
Someone looking for starter questions could probably use the search
engine, or look at the big huge one-file document (1) and do a text
search.  I would recommend the search engine.

What about an outline format?  I made a cool little utility that displays,
in outline format, any sub-tree of the global ng tree...so from any category
sub-homepage you can see what's there beneath it -- especially handy for
things like loc groups and CAD and market and robotics, etc.  Maybe that
would be nice for the FAQ too.

We could make finding starter questions easier by using an "expertise
level" tag, e.g.: