 FAQ / 103
Re: Raw FAQ data format (Was: Format of FAQ items)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 16:58:35 GMT

Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
No, like:
   Revision: Todd Lehman, 1997-12-24
   Revision: Minx Kelly, 1998-09-21
   Translated-From: en
-> Revision: Jacob Sparre Andersen, 1999-02-21 <-

Since header order is important, this should work pretty well.

All entries means that you claim that the including file was
revised every time the included file was revised.
Not good!

Not bad either.  Wouldn't changing an included file imply that the including
file has also changed?

Anyway, I prefer typing "&reg;" over "(hold down ALT key)0174(release ALT
key)".  The mnemonics are *much* easier to remember.  Do you have any
preferred way of escaping hard-to-type characters?
I prefer to use [Compose],[o],[r] - much faster.
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Huh?

Typing and storage encoding doesn't have to be the same
anyway.

But then we'd have to run the thing through a filter just to go from typing
form to storage form.  It seems to me to be much simpler to encode the
things while typing, if it's easier to enter them.

This is probably a moot point anyway.  It's really a filter issue.
Depending on how the script is written, it could really be up to the FAQ
author which way to go.

Cheers,
- jsproat

"I prefer the term para-mental.  It keeps me out of the loony bin."

obconspiracy:  Steve Jackson Games continues to transport DNA residue across
France, at the behest of the CIA.