 FAQ / 130
Re: Raw FAQ data format (Was: Format of FAQ items)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 10:21:26 GMT

Jeremy:

Oh waitaminute.  I think I see where the confusion is.  I'm not suggesting
that the header text from the included file be inserted into the including
file.

I didn't think so. What I tried to explain was how the
processing tools would see the file _after_ the "Include"
header had been processed.

      What I mean to say is that during processing of the files, when the
including file resides in memory, it would use headers in the included file
that are not already defined in the including file.  The text in the file
       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is the critical part. I hadn't noticed it earlier.

would remain the same.

Some headers wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, such as Revision and
Subject.  However, some -- such as Content-Language and Locations -- would
make wonderful use of Include.

Yes.

Play well,

Jacob