 FAQ / 89
Re: Format of FAQ items
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 14:23:11 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:
Maybe we're thinking of different kids of include mechanisms...  I'm not
thinking of the kind that includes other files for their definitions...  I'm
thinking of the kind that says, "slurp in this other file of data and all of
its other sub-files of data" -- like the way an MPD works, for example.  Can
you give some examples of usages of the other kind, where you'd just want to
pull in headers?

Sure -- suppose you have a directory full of FAQ items, some of which have
pretty much the same headers.  e.g.

  Locations: /x/y/,/x/z/,/x/,/
  Translated-From: er
  Topic-Level: 1

Instead of maintaining each of these in every file, each file (that wanted
to) could include these headers from another file.

I'm not really committed to this idea; I just hope I'm making sense.  :-S

Cheers,
- jsproat

"I prefer the term para-mental.  It keeps me out of the loony bin."

obconspiracy:  MIT plots with the Gnomes of Zurich, to clone a convention of
slithy scientists from the mall down the street, in order to not put the pi
symbol at the bottom of your computer monitor.