 FAQ / 64
63  |  65
Subject:
Format of FAQ items
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 20:20:05 GMT

Todd,

I'm geared to start snarfing the RTL Auction & Shipping FAQ, to start giving
form to the LUGNET FAQ.  (LUGFAQ? :-)  I am torn between two data formats,
though it should be relatively easy to switch from one to the other.

I think that whatever format is used, it should allow multiple Q+A's in a
single file, with the technical possibility of having it all in one file.
Another possible feature would be to allow a master file to explicitly
include a subordinate file during parsing; this would greatly facilitate
separation of other FAQs, such as the LDraw FAQ.

Once I figure out what format to use, I'll post a broilerplate for people to
submit Q+A's (or just Q's) for the FAQ.

Potential format examples follow.  (1)

email headers style
plus: more easily by humans
minus: a separate file for each question? - if so, how to sort, how to name?

Category: Auction & Shipping
Subcategory: Awareness