 Events / BrickWorld / 73
Re: BrickWorld 2007 - who's getting paid?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickworld
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2007 13:59:45 GMT

At 09:05 AM 3/15/07, Marc Nelson Jr. wrote:
What kind of organizations usually call for volunteers?

I just had to go search Google for "Non-profit" and the second
listing was "Non-Profit jobs at Careerbuilder.com"

Who wants a non-profit Job?

Do people who work for nonprofit charitable organizations get paid?

You still haven't answered why organizers wouldn't want to let everyone know
that someone is making money off an event. If that's a good thing - which you
and I and most other people here think it is - why would you want to
keep that a
secret?

I have to think a MAJOR goal of running any convention is to
not-lose-money.  With that in mind, I suspect ending with ZERO profit
is pretty tough.  What happens when everything is calculated to the
penny, but then one more person comes in the front door?  So, the
event is going to make money.  (that should be the goal)

I'm not an organizer, but I can answer your question, Marc.   Yes,
the goal is for someone to make money from the event.

Steve